Chapter 4: The Killer

“Ladies and gentleman, I can’t let you leave this house. You can either die by my hands or through the explosion of the bomb. Either way, both of you are going to die today.” Our intruder said as he swung his axe to signal that he meant business. Both Tess and I froze, too scared to process what was happening let alone to move or react to his comment. 

He walked a step closer to us and out of reflex, Tess and I took a step back, crouching as if we were in a ninja movie. This happened about several times until we realised we were going to hit into a wall and be trapped for our killer to swing his axe and chop both our heads off. By the look of this guy, he could probably chop both our heads off in one swing. We looked at each other and then back at our killer, his menacing eyes full of destructive inner hate. We were both going to die unless we came up of a plan in a matter of five seconds. 

As we moved closer and closer to the wall we could see that our killer was going to swing and by the smug look on his face, he was confident that he was going to kill us. As soon as he was about to bring the axe down, we jumped to the side, me going to the right while Tess went to the left. He missed. I decided to attack and swung my foot around so that it would trip him, Tess decided to kick, more like stomp, on his face as he lay flat on the ground. He grunted and whined as he was being tormented by Tess’ stomps and was soon bleeding. When we realised how bad he looked Tess stopped stomping on his now dishevelled face and we took a closer to look to see if he was alive. As soon as our faces were inches apart from his he woke up and screamed, getting up and seining his axe like a lunatic. We jumped back and decided to run away, both separating from each other so that it would be harder to kill the both of us if any of us. 

The last place I saw Tess go was run into her bedroom, hopefully finding a place where she can hide from the killer while I frantically searched for a place to hide where he wouldn’t find me. My mind was racing, and I felt like years were ticking by while I was searching for a place. I decided to hide in the most cliche of places, under the bed. Of course he was going to find me under here. It’s not exactly the world’s best hiding place. This is probably the firs place he’s going to look when he enters in this room. I was scared, I was terrified. There was a big big chance I was going to die within a matter of thirty minutes. 

The door to the room creaked open and I saw a pair of black, dusty boots and instantly thought ‘This is it. This is where it ends.’ It turns out he didn’t look under the bed but rather searched through the closets first and then went down on his knees and right before he was about to bend his head, a noise from the other room erupted and he stoop up as quick as a speed of lighting and ran to the other room. I was now not worried for my life but for Tess’. The killer was going to find her and kill her. I decided to get out from out of the bed and ran to her bedroom where I saw the killer was standing, looking outside of the shattered window. I guess she made a ran for it. As soon as I realised that I was frantic and worried for my life yet again and ran as fast as I could to the closet window. He heard my footsteps vibrate against the timbered floor and turned around, a mad and unsettling look on his face. I opened the latch of the window and tried to pull it up but it was jammed, I tried again but decided it was no luck as the killer drew closer and closer to me. I then ran into the room where I was hiding in before and tried to open the window there. 

Click 

Thank goodness it opened! I went through the window, making sure I didn’t get myself twisted. As I looked back, I saw the killer standing at the door, with the axe in his hand and a blinking device in the other hand. What on earth could that be? He clicked it and it suddenly started making frantic beeping noises. The killer looked defeated, as if he’s life was about to be taken away from him. The bomb. He pressed for the bomb to go off. Shoot! I have to get out. Now. As seconds ticked by, I quickly jumped off the house, hurting my leg in the process and trying to get as far away from it as  possible, limping onto the streets. The house went off, the killer inside it as I watched the house of my best friend turn into ashes. As I watched, Tess ran up beside me and gave me a big hug.