Chapter 11 - New territory

Tristan's POV

"Is that the last of them?" I ask Max as he walks into the foyer carrying a box.

"Uh huh!" he answered carrying on through to the back.

Nodding my head and grabbing the keys out of my pocket I head outside to lock up the trailer we had just finished clearing.  We ended up bringing a truck and two trailer loads.

It took another two weeks after the meeting I had with my father to settle everything but we were finally here and I had no idea where or who I was looking for.  Just an old photograph of the Dragonkin Royal Family. But to think that this whole time she's been alive and no one knew till now was baffling.

After locking up I look towards the sky through the trees and take a deep breathe while watching as the sun sets for the day.   We made good time after all but we still need to unpack and meet up with Alpha Tate.  So many things to do but at least we don't start at the new school till next week.  So a week to get ourselves in order is good.  Unfortunately my Alpha lessons start tomorrow so no break for me.

Tristan we need to know the layout Jackson reminds me as I feel him pacing around.  Just because we're in an allied territory my wolf is still weary until we have a general idea of the area.
Yeah I haven't forgotten.  We'll take a run after we meet with Alpha Tate.  I'm sure he wouldn't mind I assure Jackson before heading back into the house.

My father rented a cabin on the edge of the pack land close to town so that we weren't too far from school.  It was large enough to fit all five of us quite easily with quite a number of stairs to climb but that was ok. Just means there's that much more spots for us to jump from. It was quite a distance from the main pack house and there were a few other houses nearby but they were mainly occupied by the guards and patrol.  We didn't mind though - it just meant that we didn't have to clash with the others which is good for us.

I feel my phone vibrate and pull it out as I close the front door and see it's my sister. Choosing to ignore it I go to put it away when she tries calling again. As if I would answer it I prefer to not get yelled at which is what I'm assuming will happen if I answer.  The vibrating has stopped and I move to my room to unpack what I can.

Hey guys - we have an hour to unpack what we can before we need to head back to the pack house I inform the guys opening the first box in front of me so I can start setting my room in order.  I get a series of yes's and start putting things away determined to have at least half if not the whole room done before we need to leave.

Looking at the clock I have set on the bedside table I see that I have now 15 minutes to get ready and head for the meeting.  We did meet briefly when we initially arrived but we need to have the welcome ceremony so that we can have temporary access to the pack link.  All packs have a network of their own where they can mind link with each member with the Alpha being the main source.  However as we are from a different pack, we don't have that access and because we're unsure of how long we'd be here for it was agreed that we would have a separate link like a visitors login allowing for only limited amount of access.  This would allow us to be included in any emergency or important information that we may need without receiving the day to day messages from others.

"Here - talk to your sister. She's a pain in the ass," Alex said storming into my room and throwing me his phone.

"Why are you bothering my delta Kiki?" I ask as I pull out a change of clothes.

"You lied about when you were leaving and took my mate from me.  Not only that he isn't answering my calls - what the hell Tristan!"

"Dramatic much Kiki" I mutter.