Epilouge

P.O.V of Raven
"Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost one pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy." I wiped away a stray tear as Robin's body was lowered into the ground, back in his uniform rather than Slade's, "Remember that a death is not the extinguishing of a light, but the putting out of a lamp because the dawn has come."

People began to disperse as his grave was filled with soil but I didn't move. Even after the team had finished paying their respects, even after the Justice League had come and gone, I did not move from where I knelt beside his grave.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to his body, "I'm sorry that in your final moments the team looked at you with hate, I'm sorry that your last days were spent doing deeds you hated, I'm sorry that I didn't rescue you sooner. I'm sorry-" My voice was cut off by a sob and rain began to fall.

"Don't be sorry Rae." His ghost said from beside me, "This isn't a solemn gathering for my death, it's a celebration of my life."

"But I don't feel like celebrating."I replied, looking over to him as the rain went straight through him, "I just want you back."

"I never left." He said as he went to put a hand on my back, hovering it just above, "But please, for me. Lift your head and don't cry. Smile at the times we shared, laugh at the times when we may have messed up slightly. It may be painful now, you may want nothing more than to cry once more but you get used to living with the pain. It never goes away, but you learn how to deal with it. In the words of Joyce Grenfell 'If I should go before the rest of you, Break not a flower nor inscribe a stone Nor when I'm gone speak in a Sunday voice But be the usual selves that I have known. Weep if you must, Parting is hell, But life goes on, So sing as well."

I looked back over to him but he was gone. But I would be strong, I would keep going on like he had asked me to. I stood up and headed over to the shoreline. I found the most beautiful pebble I could and placed it on top of his headstone. Flowers die, pebbles were forever, like my love for him.

"Goodbye Robin, and may we meet again."