6 - Scooter

Noh was discharged after 3 weeks at the hospital. The CEO had summoned Noh to his office on the day he left the hospital. The members were at the villa waiting to welcome their leader. Cap and Ohm helped Noh into the car. Once on the road, Noh ordered Cap, 'Take me home. I need to see Phun.' Noh's frame of mind was cool but still a little hurt that Phun hadn't come to see him in the three weeks that he was hospitalized. He wasn't angry but he felt he had to know why. 

'Noh, i will take you there tonight but right now, I already got about 5 missed calls from the CEO's office', said Cap.

'I don't care Cap. So much has happened while I was in bed and nobody even bothered to ask how Phun was handling all this. I need to be with him today. Please cancel the meeting Cap.'

It wasn't even a statement. It was an order. Cap's neck was on the line. Ohm tried to pacify Noh but Noh had only Phun on mind and he wasn't up for negotiation with anyone. Not even the CEO.

He called Phun on the way. Phun hadn't taken his call in the last 2 weeks. He unlocked the door to their apartment and shouted Phun's name couple of times. Only echoes. He quickly ran around the corner of the building to Phun's clinic. Phun had taken sabbatical but didn't leave any information on where he was heading. He found this out from Pink, Phun's friend. 

Noh came back to the car and didn't speak a word till they reached CEO's office. CEO was firing bullets and raining down grenades at Noh. Noh didn't hear a word. At the end of the ordeal, Noh said, 'I quit'. With that he left the building and drove his car to their apartment. Ohm was at a loss of words and action.

Ohm found Noh crying his eyes out at the apartment. Noh's dream was just taking wings and here he was ready to clip it off and give it all up because he couldn't be with the one he loved and sorely missed. He was Phun's boyfriend first before he was Nohm's leader and Ohm didn't want to argue with that. Ohm sat with Noh the whole evening as they drowned couple of bottles and passed out before the clock struck 12. 

Ohm coaxed Noh into going back to the villa where the boys were waiting for him. Noh didn't budge at first but when he came to know how the boys were supporting and rooting for him while he lay defenceless in bed, Noh agreed. Back at the villa, a gaunt looking Noh was welcomed with open arms and Noh burst into tears again. He conveyed a heartfelt thank you and offered his apology for all the mess he created in the last one month. He also announced that he will need more time to come back to his form as an artist. He didn't want them to suffer anymore setback. Nohm was doing well on the charts and it would continue to do so, even without Noh in the picture. He broke the news about him quitting music for a while to concentrate on his health. 

BB and Boys decides to let go of Nohm leader

Nohm without the Noh

Who will be Nohm's new leader?

Leaderless Nohm - what's next for them?

Ohm was by default the leader. He tried to keep the rest of the members together and motivated. It was a tough job but he had taken the task to keep the band moving forward. Their music was still doing well and they soon found their way back into the limelight when they won couple of year end awards. Noh's name was omitted in articles and interviews. Noh kept up with the news on Nohm and celebrated their wins with equal zeal in the apartment alone. He was now their fan. Noah kept him busy. He was waiting for Phun to show up one day. When he was not busy cooking or taking the dog for a walk, he'd leave messages for Phun in various forums.

Hi Phun, this is Noh. I am waiting for you at home. Call me. Its the same number.

After 3 days, he'd post. Love, I miss you. Noh. 

After 5 days, he'd post. Why does Noah keep barking in his sleep? Phun, Noah misses you too.

After a week, he'd post. Today, I painted our apartment. How is it? Picture tagged.

He never received a reply and he stopped expecting one too but he continued to leave messages for Phun regardless. 

One day, his phone rang out of the blues. It was Pink. She had received a postcard from Phun. It didn't say much - just that he was doing well and was living a fuller life, volunteering at a hospital on an island. Noh thanked Pink and took down the name of the island. There was no return address. He was catching a plane to chase the love of his life. He had nursed his health back during the waiting months. 

When he landed at the airport, he took the taxi to the nearest hospital on the island with Phun's photo in hand. At the hospital, he enquired. Nobody had seen him. He asked how many more hospitals were there. They said about 6 hospitals. It was going to be easy to locate Phun. He roamed the island on a hired scooter in the hot sun with a backpack and the photo in hand. He also got a local SIM card and put up his number along with Phun's photo at hospital notice boards asking for help in locating this person. Late night, he dragged himself to a nearby hotel at the town centre and found himself a room. He was exhausted, beaten by the harsh sun. He was on his way down to the restaurant for his first meal of the day. The restaurant was crowded and he took a quiet corner at the far end. He was was typing down his message on phone 'Phun, how are you? I miss you.' and clicked on 'Send'

'I am good Noh.' 

Noh's eyes widened. His jaws dropped. It was a response he'd been waiting for all these months. 

'Where are you Phun?'

'3 tables away from you'

Noh turned his head left, right, left, centre... he did a swivel. There was Phun. Smiling. Looking at him. Phun, the ever smiling Phun who had lost few good pounds on the island, a bit tanned but carrying the same smile. Noh was speechless and he couldn't move his feet. He sat there, staring at Phun, till tears started streaming down his cheeks. Phun walked towards his table and sat across Noh. He took Noh's hands in his as Noh continued to just soak in the sight of Phun, in the flesh, in front of him. 

'Phun, you bastard. Is this how you treat your boyfriend? You ran away when I needed you the most. I missed you and cried out your name every night. I was on the verge of losing my mind not knowing where to go find you. I am going to make you pay for this for the rest of your life.'

'Noh...,' was all Phun could manage before he burst into tears through all that smile. He sobbed at the table and his cries were drowned by the loud music in the restaurant. Noh couldn't stop his tears and they both let out all the anguish, the frustration, the pain and the joy of finally being together. That night, they cruised around on the scooter like they did back in their high school days, letting the balmy wind calm their hearts and minds.