Chapter Six - Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham

Rahul's P.O.V

I hate myself. Why? I said all those things to Ishika and made her cry this morning. What's wrong with me? I actually feel like killing myself. The girl of my dreams. Lost. Viren came over to me. I couldn't stop the tears from falling. It looked weak but I just couldn't stop.

"Rahul." Viren put a hand on my shoulder.

"Viren!" I hugged him. I totally broke down seeing him. Viren tried his best to comfort me but I knew it wouldn't work.

"Viren. What do I do? What do I do?" I sobbed.

"But what's wrong? I've never seen you cry." He sat down next to me. I filled him in on everything from our walk in the garden to our encounter at the dining table that morning.

"And so you've been crying here from then?" Viren asked, even though he knew the answer. He sighed.

"I can't live without Ishika. I know I don't deserve her and I want her to be happy with that guy but..I need her." I looked at Viren. Viren got up.

"You can't keep sulking. Get up. Wash your face and go get your girl." he demanded.

"How can I get her if she loves someone else? I don't know, my head hurts now. I think I'm going to go to bed. I didn't sleep last night." I looked down at the floor again. Viren nodded and left. I fell asleep on the floor, not bothered to climb onto my bed.

Viren's P.O.V

Poor Rahul. I could see he really loves the girl. Too bad the girl didn't like him. I went downstairs and got some juice from the fridge. My mouth felt dry for some reason. A guy came into the kitchen and got a glass of water. I hadn't seen him around here before.

"Hey." I said to him.

"Hey."

"You here often?"

"Actually, no. Came here from New York this morning." he smiled.

"I'm Viren. Viren Singhania. I don't live here but pretty close with the family."

"I'm Samar. Samar Mehra." He chuckled. Hang on a minute. Samar? Wasn't that the guy Ishika loves?

"You have anything going on with Ishika?"

"Ishika? Oh, yeah. She's my best friend's sister. He told me that both his sisters had a crush on me but I wasn't so sure. I treat them a bit nicer though in case they did."

"Wait, so you don't love her?" I was shocked.

"No way. I'm a single man. Till the right girl comes. Besides, Ishika's my sister."

What?! I told Samar about what Rahul told me.

"What? No way! I asked her what I would say to flight attendants after I flirted with them and right after I heard a door slam." "So what now? The guy is crying in his room from morning and I'm sure Ishika was doing the same."

"No wonder she didn't seem happy. I'm going to talk to Rahul. Hopefully he believes me."

I nodded, relieved that maybe Rahul might get a happy ending.

Rahul's P.O.V

Knock, knock.

"Ishika.." I was half-asleep and blurted out nonsense.

"Not Ishika." I heard a worried voice say. I opened my eyes. Standing in front of me was a young guy with a small smile on his face.

"Who are you?" I asked groggily.

"My name's Samar. You might know me as Ishika's lover." That made me wake up. I stood up. The anger must have been apparent in my face because Samar stepped back a bit.