Chapter Four - Promise?

Ishika's P.O.V

I walked inside. In the darkness I can see the shadow of someone sitting by the window. I turned the lights on. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it.

"Preeti?" I gasped.

"Ishika!" Preeti ran to me and hugged me, sobbing on my shoulders.

"Preeti, why are you crying?" I asked. No answer.

"Preeti, if you don't tell me, then how will I help you?" I told her.

"Please don't tell anyone.." Preeti started.

Rahul's POV

Viren fell onto the sofa. I sat down onto the sofa opposite.

"Damn, you got some pretty girls round here!" Viren smirked.

"Like?" I sighed.

"What about that Ishika girl?" Viren said with his eyes closed. My veins felt like they just got filled with jealousy.

"No way, she's out of bounds."

"Why?"

I didn't answer him. Not because I was being mean, but because I didn't have any answer. Why didn't I want Viren to think about Ishika?

"No way!" Viren sat up on the sofa and looked at me.

"Is she the girl your cousin is marrying?" he asked.

"What? No! That's Naina and why would he marry his own sister, idiot?"

"Oh, that's true.." His voice drifted off.

"Wait. Is she going to be my bhabi?" Viren started guessing again.

"What do you mean?" I said.

"You like her." Viren said. I frowned.

"And how do you know?" I asked.

"The way you steered me away from her." Viren laughed. I playfully punched him in the shoulder.

"Come on. Go upstairs. You can stay here tonight. " I said, smiling.

"Thanks, bro!" Viren shouted and ran upstairs. I rolled my eyes. Viren loved it when he stayed at my house, meaning he can flirt with my cousins. I went up the stairs, passing Preeti's room when I bumped into Ishika.

"Rahul." she said sweetly. Is this a dream?

"Rahul!" she called. I couldn't stop staring.

"Oh, sorry. I was thinking about something." I quickly said.

"I need your help." Ishika said. Help?

"Why? What happened?" I asked.

Ishika walked into Preeti's room. I hesitated for a bit and followed her. Preeti was sitting on her bed with wet eyes with Ishika next to her, trying to comfort her.

"Preeti!" I ran over to her, shocked.

"What happend here? What's wrong Preeti?" I said. Preeti merely sobbed.

"May I?" Ishika spoke up. I nodded.

"When Preeti went to college, she met a boy named Ashish. Ashish and Preeti fell in love but one day he got really violent and Preeti ran away. Ever since then he's been trying to contact her but never could. Ashish contacted Preeti again today and threatened her that he will make sure he will kidnap her and take her to such a place tomorrow if she doesn't come back to him, ." Ishika said. I looked at Preeti.