XII

Kellin's POV

I sighed and took the shovel and stabbed it into the ground again, trying to keep from dying as I did. Vic and I were currently outside digging a hole. I looked at Vic who was trying his absolute best to not look at me as he dug. I smiled at him, leaning against my shovel as I watched him go. We had gotten back from saving Alan yesterday and were just now really getting my dad's body taken care of. Part of me wanted to ask Alan to burn his body but I couldn't ask him to do something like that. He was still completely and totally drained from the entire ordeal and needed rest. So, Vee and I were going to bury the man instead.  It was the only other option and it's not like people came to this house, like ever.  It was secluded and private and I doubted anyone would ever find him here.

I watched him dig, his shirt off and his muscles flexing as he did and let out a soft sigh, even if thought he was ugly, he was hot as hell right now.  He was honestly the hottest guy I knew. Even with all the weird markings and scars. But, that wasn't the only reason I liked him. No, he was sweet under that cruel outer shell and he was willing to do whatever he could to help me.  He was truly amazing and I was so grateful for him.

"Vee," I said, breaking our comfortable silence.

"Kay," He said looking up at me.

I smiled at him as a single wavy strand of hair fell out of the bun he had at the top of his head. "I love you," I told him softly.

His eyes went wide, "You love me?" 

I nodded and dropped the shovel to the ground and walked towards him. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

I wrapped my arms around his waist and let out a little laugh. "That's a relief, it would have been awkward if you didn't," I said, sticking my hands in his back pockets.

He smiled and leaned down giving me a kiss. "Of course I love you," he murmured and pulled away and I raised my eyebrows, my eyes going wide. "What is it?" He asked, looking nervous.

"You uh, you have actual eyebrows now," I told him. "Like, not tattoos. And the red marks are gone," I told him and smiled at him, I pulled a finger up and traced an eyebrow. "They're so bushy, like little caterpillars," I laughed.

"Thank you?" 

"You look good," I told him honestly.

"How sweet of you. I try."

"I thought you said nothing happened until both of you got love," I said, looking at him and smiling. "You don't have your little claws anymore either," I pouted.

He shrugged. "I guess since I at least found someone who loved me, some of it went away. I'm still ugly though, huh?"

"You've never been ugly, Vee, never," I said and gave him another kiss.

"I was really ugly before. Don't lie."

I shook my head. "Not to me, never to me," I said and pulled away from him and picked up my shovel.

"I'm glad you never thought that."

"I could never think that," I said and started digging again. "Now, just because I told you I love you doesn't mean you can stop digging. We still need to bury this asshole before Alan finds him."

"Are you going to tell Alan you did this?" He asked as he got back to digging.

"Eventually. I want him to heal before I do, though."

"How long do you think that'll take him?" 

"I really don't know," I said softly.

"You think he's gonna be fine?"