E I G H T

Madison's pov.:

When Hunter said there was a bus stop at the end of the street I panicked. I need to get to school as soon as possible but I have never taken a bus before. I have a car so that's not a problem. And in high school my parents brought me. There was never a reason for me to take the bus.

Maybe I can call somebody, but definitely not my parents. They kill me if I call them. No, that is not an option. Ugh, Rachel is in college too so I cannot call her. Why is this life? Actually I don't really have it that bad. Some people in Africa are having it worse of course. I cannot really complain.

I decide to just walk to the bus stop. Other than that I haven't really have a choice. I stroll with my head down to the end of the street.

'I am sorry, miss. You look not so happy.' A girl about my age comes to me and start talking. She has beautiful blond hair and gray eyes. 'Yeah, I am late for my class in college and I don't have a car. And actually I don't wanna go with the bus.'

'I totally understand you. Did you have a wild night?' She wiggles her eyebrows. I have to chuckle at her remark. 'You can say that.' I tell her. 'I am Sydney, by the way.' She says. 'I am Madison. But most of the people call me Madi.'

'Come, I have a car. If you tell me where you're college is I can bring you.' 'Thank you so much.' She leads me to her car. It's a big, black Chevrolet. 'Nice car.' I step in the car and sit on the passenger side. 'Thanks.' She only says when she starts the car.

'So who was the lucky guy?' She asks me. 'Oh no, I didn't have sex with that guy. He only helped me because I was drugged.' 'Seems like he cares about you.' She looks at me with sparlings in her eyes.

'I don't think so. He threw coffee over me in a café and he broke the art local in my school, just for fun. All he cares is probably his reputation.' I look out the window. 'And do you want something more from him?'

'No, he destroyed my favorite room in my whole school. He's such a bad boy. And sure he's hot and cute and all. But I can't stand him.' 'Looks like you really like him.' I look weird at her. Has she just not heard me?

'I just said that I cannot stand him.' She laughs. 'Most of the couples start so. They don't like him at first and then POEF love.' I have to laugh. She's so funny. 'No, believe me. He doesn't want to start something either. He said it just in my face: I would not like to start something with you.' I try to copy his voice.

'Are you disappointed about that?' She looks at me to see my reaction. 'No, I like that he don't want to start something with me.' I play with my fingers just so she can't see my face.

I do not like him.

I do not like him.

I do not like him.

He's trouble.

He destroyed my art room.

I do not like him.

I hate him.

He's trouble.

I say to myself these sentences multiple times. And it's true I don't even know him. Maybe he has a girlfriend. I do not know those things.

'In here.' I point the way to my college to stop the conversation. When we get there I step out of the car. 'It was nice talking to you, Sydney. Here is my number. Call me if you need anything. And thank you so much for the ride.' 'No problem.' I give her a note with my number on.

-

When I walk into the front door it hit me. I have my party clothes on. Shit, I didn't even have time to do my hair. But that doesn't matter right now; I have to get to my class. Luckily, the lesson isn't done yet. My lesson I was supposed to have right now is English. I have ten minutes left. Should I go or just skip it?

I look at my watch again and then decide to go to my room. I can watch the lesson again on my computer. When I get there I see Rachel lying on the ground. She still has her eyes open and breathes deeply.

'What are you doing? Did something happen?' I run towards her and cower next to her. 'Oh my god, Madi. I was so worried about you.' She hugs me really hard so I cannot breath. 'Where were you?'

'I was drugged and Hunter took me to his home.' She looks at me in amazement when I tell her what is happening. 'I am so sorry. I should have watched you.' 'It was nothing. Hunter was there and took me to his home.' She has a big smile on her face.

'Hunter helped you? Congratulations.' I start laughing. 'We didn't do anything so stop with the creepy smile.'

'But couldn't you answer you're phone?' 'I am sorry. I had not thought about it.' I go through my bag looking for my phone. When I don't find it, I sigh deeply. Where the hell can it be? Until I realize something, what if he is still with hunter? Rachel looks at me strangely and asks what the problem is. "I think my phone is still with hunter." I let a sigh. I can't believe I have also that problem.

Within a minute I found myself running towards the art local. Please, let him be there. 'Hi, Madi.' On the road I meet Travis, my cousin. 'I cannot talk right now, Travis. I need to get to Hunter.' He makes a weird face. 'Why do you need to go to that idiot?' He asks immediately.

'I just forgot my phone at his house.' 'Don't tell me you have something with that boy?' 'No, God, no. I just slept at his house and forgot my phone.' Okay, that wasn't the right sentence to use right now.

'Did you sleep with him?' I shake my head. 'No, you don't understand it. I'll explain it later.' I run again to the art local. I hope he is there. Actually even if he is in there he doesn't have my phone just yet.

When I get into the room his friend looks at me strangely. Dammit, Hunter isn't here. Maybe this guy can help me. 'Do you know where Hunter is?' He looks angry at me. 'Why?' He only says when he goes back to work.

'I need my phone back. I think I left it at his house.' He begins to laugh. 'Why were you in his house?' God, this is not going to be easy. I need to explain that I slept at his house but not in his bed. Okay, maybe I slept in his bed but not with him in it.

'I slept in his house, but not with him. I slept in his bed, but not with him in it. We didn't have sex if you think that. And I am probably making a complete fool of myself right now. He just kind of helped me so that I wasn't going to get raped. Because someone did something in my drink and I complete zoned out and he just helped me. I still do not why he helped me. He's just probably a decent person. Okay, not completely a decent person but he helped me though I didn't ask for it.

Any way I think I left my phone there and I need to know were Hunter is; for my phone not for something else if you think that. Normally I'm not rattling like that, but I have no idea how to handle this whole help event. So is he here?' Now he thinks that I am such a freak, great.

'I know where he is.' A little hope comes in my chest. Maybe I get my phone as faster as I thought. 'He has been at the door for ten minutes.' Oh no sweet Jesus.

.

.

So what did you think of that cute conversation? And Hunter has heard it all?

-xxx Try_New_Things-