N I N E T E E N

Hunter's pov.:

May 14, Friday, day before the memorial

Yes, yes, yes, I found a motorbike. Yesterday, I went to a garage to look. And I found the perfect motorbike. I can go get it later and then I go to my father for the money. I hope everything will be alright with that money. My mother needs it so bad.

Today was my last day in college. I haven't seen Madison all day so I haven't said goodbye. I'll miss her. Her cute laugh, her stubborn ass, her soft lips, everything about her was so perfect. I wish it was different.

That I was a nice guy that threat girls like queens. A guy her parents can be proud of because he dates their little girl. But no, it's just me. It's just Hunter. Boring, ugly and broke Hunter with a mother who lies in the hospital.

There's nothing I can do about it now so I just have to accept it.

I saw Rachel a couple times. I know she and Madison don't have the same classes. No, I am not a stalker.

Okay, maybe a little bit.

The point: maybe is Madison sick. She wasn't there all day not even in the canteen. But so was Rachel. Only their stupid friends and the cousin Travis were there.

Anyways Sean proposed to go tonight to a club. That's fine with me. Maybe I can get her out of my head. That would be so good.

But I think about her all the time. She's like a ghost, haunting in my wildest dreams. What crap am I telling right now?

-

Yeah, I can get my motorbike now. It's time, he's ready. Oh god, I was so tired of taking the bus. I am so happy that I have it. I needed to use all the spare money but that's okay. With the money of my father I can pay it all.

When I get there with the bus, again, I see him standing for the garage. That's gonna be my baby.

 That's gonna be my baby

After all the paying things I pack my motorbike and start him. It feels so great to get on it.

Before I get to start it my phone goes on. Someone calls me. I take my phone out of my pocket and check the caller. It's unknown.

'Hello?' I don't know who this is. Who needs me now? 'I am doctor Suzy. Are you Hunter Collins, son of June Avery?' My mother changed her name immediately when my father left. 'Yes I am. Why? Has something happened?'

I really am worried. They never call me if it's just not important. Maybe something has happened to my mom. 'I am sorry. We had to get her as fast as we could to the surgery because she had a brain tumor. I suggest you to come to the hospital.'

End of the call, thank you doctor Suzy for this funny message. I hope I see you soon. Man, the doctors there don't have any manners. But God, my mom had a brain tumor. I hope everything is going good.

I start my motor and drive as fast as a can to the hospital. What if she's dying? What if she doesn't wake up ever again? Oh my god, what am I gonna do if she's dead?

-

When I get in the hospital I run quickly to the room where my mother always lies. When I don't see her there I start to panic. Where is she? Is she still in surgery?

'Hunter Collins?' When I hear my name I look up to a woman in a doctor costume. I nod my head and walk slowly towards her. 'Where's my mother?' I am getting angry. Why doesn't someone tell me something?

'Calm down.' 'You don't get to say if I need to calm down. Now tell me where my mother is.' She needs to own respect. 'June is still in surgery. She had a brain tumor. We hope we were not too late. I let you know if something changes.'

I go back to the entrance. There, I see a few chairs. I decide that I need to sit here a long time so I might as well get comfortable.

-

After two hours of waiting I go to a nurse. This has lasted long enough. 'I am sorry, but do you know when my mother is out of surgery? June Avery?' She looks up and down to me and takes her clipboard.

'Well, we don't know much about her. The doctors are working on her. It can take another hour. I'm sorry. I will come and get you when it's done.'

She walks back to a room. Another hour, they are killing me. But the most important thing is that she's healthy after the surgery.

I hope everything goes right.

Oh shit, I haven't even talked to my dad. I would go see him today for the money. But I can't leave. He must wait. I can't go right now. My mom needs me.

^^^^^^ to make it a little funnier, otherwise it became really boring :)

-

'Hunter Collins?' The nurse who called me calls my name. After an hour, finally. Now it's the time they say everything is good. She's doing great and the surgery went fantastic. But ...

'Yes, where's my mom? Is the surgery done? How was it? She's okay, right?'

'I am sorry Hunter. During the surgery she lost a lot of blood. After three hours we couldn't hold it. I am so sorry. There was nothing we could do. I am so sorry.'

'No, that's impossible. She is alive. She's just doing fine.' I really start to panic. It can't be. She can't be dead. She can't be gone. She's my rock, my everything. She's my mother. I need her here.

When I get into her room, the room is empty. Where is she? It can't be true.

'I am sorry.' She says for the last time.

'No, no, no...'

^^^^^^^ that's what it looks when he gets to hear it :(

.

.

OMMGGGGGG, I AM CRYING MY ASS OUT RIGHT NOW. IT'S SO SADD. For the people who didn't understand it, she is dead. It's not a joke. His mother is dead.

It's gonna be much better, I promise. it's just a sad chapter for the tension.

- xxx Try_New_Things-