T E N

Madison's pov.:

After the awkward conversation I go to my room. Only I didn't think I was going to see this: Rachel and Jake kissing on the sofa. I love my life so much, you know. Hear the sarcasm.

I try to catch their attention by coughing. 'Madison, you are back.' Rachel goes off Jake. 'Yes, I am back. But don't mind me I'm just going to freshen up. Do not hesitate to continue with what you were doing.' I go to my bedroom and step in the douche.

After my douche I pull my clothes on. I choose a pair of black pants and a sort of sport bra. I do an open shirt on that.

When I come into my room I see Rachel lying on my bed with a magazine

When I come into my room I see Rachel lying on my bed with a magazine. 'Have you got your phone back, boo?' She asks me. 'No, I was trying to explain what happened with the whole help thing to his friend. What I didn't notice was that Hunter just stood behind me the whole time. It was so embarrassing.'

She laughs. 'Yeah, it's probably an awkward situation.' I nod. 'Come on, we have to eat. And maybe you see your prince Charming.' She winks. 'Shut up.' I say to her and punch her softly.

We walk to the canteen where everyone is already sitting. Even Hunter and his friend are already there. I wonder what the name of his friend is. Obviously they are best friends or something like that. They are always together.

Rachel and I sit always with Travis and Jake and his other friends. Rachel always has to convince me to sit there. Last year we were at a separate table with the two of us. I liked that but when Travis came over this year all the things just changed.

I love Travis. I really do. But he's just mostly of the time selfish. He also has slept with all the girls in the campus, except Rachel and Alicia. My two best friends may he not use. That's what he always does. He uses girls. He has sex with them and then dumps them. But I cannot say anything about his behavior otherwise he will tell my parents that I am taking art classes. Yeah I know, my own cousin is blackmailing me.

'So how are things between you and art boy?' Travis asks. Man, I must have explained it. 'What's going on? Is there something between you two?' Ryan asks when he looks at me and back at Travis. 'Nothing is going on. I just wanted to talk to him. That's all.' Rachel smiles at me. I stick my tongue out to her.

I start eating my salad when somebody begins to laugh really hard. I look around me to see that it's Hunter's friend. Hunter tries to stop him but apparently his buddy thinks something is really funny. Hunter looks around him to see if nobody saw that but everyone saw it.

I giggle because it looks very funny. Hunter tries to stop the laughter by giving him a clap. I turn back to my friends and start eating again. 'Why were you giggling?' Jake asks me. 'It was funny.' Why do they mind that I laugh?

'Don't tell me you get feelings for him.' I look at Travis. Why is he saying that? 'What are you talking about? I don't even know him.' 'Love at first sight.' Travis says. I start laughing really hard. But it isn't even funny so I am making a fool of myself again.

'Mad, it's not funny.' Rachel says. I stop laughing and smile awkwardly. 'I have to go, bye.' I get up and walk to the door.

Is it so obvious that I like him a little bit? Wow, have I admitted that to myself? It's not that I am in love with him. But he's pretty funny. I can laugh at him even though I don't know much about him.

Why are they all acting so strange? If I had a kind of love relationship, would they mind? What am I saying right now? He would never want to start something with me. Rachel is right, he is really handsome. But handsome or not, he is still a criminal. So he is nothing for me.

Oh, who am I kidding? I really like him. Not that it matters. All he thinks about me is that I am such a spoiled brat. At least that's what I think. This is a rich school and there must have been a reason why he destroyed that room. He will never see me in the way that I want.

-

After lunch I go outside for a bit of fresh air. Because of my pleasant conversation with myself about Hunter, I think I deserve it. When I come outside I immediately see my favorite seat. It is my thinking spot. Under the large oak tree is a small bench next to the fountain of the campus. Not many people come here. I found it a week after I first attended a lesson here.

When I sit I think of everything in my life: my parents, college, Hunter. Why do I think about him so often lately? I have only met him on Sunday. And it's only Tuesday. I have to stop thinking about him.

Just at the moment when I realize that thinking not about him is very difficult, my phone rings. I see the photo of my parents on the screen. I don't feel like talking to them now. But if I don't pick up, they send a whole rescue team to see if I was okay.

Really, I once did not answer because I was studying and the next minute the police was at my door. I have to say that they are very protective.

'God, Madison. I thought you were not going to answer you're phone. And you know I don't like that.' 'Yeah, yeah, I am sorry, mam. I was busy. Is something wrong?' I ask. Probably she just wanted to know how I was but you never know. Maybe my dad had just a heart attack.

'No, no. I just wanted to know how my little bunny is.' She calls me 'little bunny'. She started it when I was just a baby. She always says that I looked like a small rabbit when I was little. But now I'm twenty so it's no longer fun to hear it.

'I am fine. Just normal things are happening, you know.' 'How are the lessons?' 'Just like always. Nothing new, nothing special.' 'That's good. How's Travis?' I sigh. She always starts about him. I mean, he's my cousin not my f*cking brother. I hate it when she always talks about him.

"Travis is such a good student. Travis is going to be a great teacher. Travis got an A on his Math test. Travis... bla, bla, bla." I know it already. Travis is the great son everyone would like and I am the stupid daughter that wants to do art. Although they don't know that yet. Maybe I am going to tell them one day. I mean lawyer is not something for me. I want to work in New York with that cool artist.

Nobody knows it but I have applied to an internship in New York. You can help the greatest artist. That's my dream, helping other artist with the same passion. Maybe I can show something of my own. You never know in New York.

If they pick me I am gonna tell my parents that I want to do art. But that's never gonna happen. So many people have applied to that so my chance is very small.

'He's good, like always.' 'That's good to hear. Dana is now in Ibiza for work so I had to say that she cannot be there on Saturday.' Dana is Travis' mother and my aunt.

'Okay, mam, I am sorry but I have to go. Byee.' I put my phone down. Saturday is a memorial to my little brother. When he was three, he was run over by a car. His name was James Parker. Every year we remember that in a sort of party. Not that it's a funny thing. I still miss him every day.

.

.

I hope you liked this one. Keep reading, I know it's boring but it's gonna be much better, I promise.

I am sorry I updated two chapters instead of three. But I am really busy right now and I had to write it the last day. I hope you still like me.

- xxx Try_New_Things-