Call us Cupids

Prologue

Beatrix

Dear Cupid,

There's this new boy at school, both of us had chatted for a few times and I'm starting to develop an attraction towards him, he seems to be giving me hints that he likes me too.

However, I have been in a few relationships before and so far, none of them worked well as it would either be them cheating on me or them having other commitments that prevented them from having a relationship, but this new guy seems nice and I really want to give it a shot.

Should I go ahead with this relationship? But I'm scared about things not ending well again. What should I do???

Xoxo,

Anonymous

I typed in a reply quickly.

Dear Anon,

Until a guy has done something to make you not trust him, don't make him pay for the troubles other guys have caused.

Go girl!

Hearts and arrows,

Trix

I hit send.

The girl better not be crushing on Camilo, or else I would take back whatever I had just said and brainwash her to like someone else. No way was I going to help a girl date Camilo Lachowski, he was like me, a "Cupid", except he advises the boys and I do the same with the girls. However, he plays for the school rugby team, I'm a cheerleader and dancer; he lives in a freaking mansion, I'm comfortable in an apartment; he spends his weekend nights partying, I stay at home with a good book in my hand while sipping on hot chocolate; he is the center of attention in school, I'm just a girl you see along the hallways; people come directly to him for Cupid advice, whereas I receive requests for advice about relationship problems on text.

We're polar opposites, really.

Though, there's a major similarity, I hate him, and he does too.

Let me tell you the story of Beatrix's Hatred Towards Camilo.

Once upon a time, actually, just a month ago, a guy called Camilo Donte Lachowski (I don't even know why I know his full name) transferred into Augustin High. Standing at 6 foot 4, with his brown eyes that were speckled with gold flecks, strong build, perfectly tanned body, chocolate brown hair and an amazingly astonishing fashion sense, of course, he got popular pretty fast. He was, apparently, hating on me because I had scolded him for getting together with a girl for a day, then breaking
up with her the next morning. Of course, being as rash as I am, and having no reason not to confront him, I approached him.

Me: Camilo, your crazy if you can bear to dump Farrah after a day.

Him: //smirks// Are you doing this just to gain my attention, Princess?

Me: //rolls eyes// In your rainbow-pooping unicorn dreams. Why did you even date her if you don't even like her in the first place??!

Him: Tell me, what makes you think you can just come to me and tell me not to break up with mindless girls after a day?

I got furious then. This guy has one big arrogant head. Farrah was the nicest girl in my class and he must have been blind to not see that she was so perfect for him.

Me: I really wonder how you became Cupid with your ways of having a relationship. At this point, I'm really worried for the boys in the school now. 'Cause more girls would get hurt because of your advice to them too.