Call us Cupids (3)

"Beatrix Alizaraine Carter!!!"

Kallie barged into my room a few days later on the day of the party, when I was innocently listening to music while studying.

I jumped to look towards my door where she was.

She looked like she was about to kill me.

"You look like you're about to kill me," I repeated my thoughts.

"Well who wouldn't want to kill you when it's already seven and your ass still not moving, with music blasting through the room and not changed yet???"

"WHAT?!!" I turned to the clock.

It really was approaching seven.

"Crap crap crap crap crap..." I mumbled as I rushed into the bathroom to take a shower and change out of my tank top and shorts into the outfit that Camilo and I had picked previously, which was a gorgeous black crop top with a khaki jacket over it and a flowing baby pink skirt which reached down to my knees and white plaited sandals.

When I exited the shower, Kal did not miss a beat on commenting on how I looked with wet, uncombed hair.

"Girl, you look horrendous."

I rolled my eyes, "Well thanks for the compliment. Now can we dry my hair and do makeup?"

Kallie instantly put the end of her fingertips together evilly and flashed me her cheeky smile.

"Of course."

By seven-thirty, Kallie had applied a faint pink eyeshadow on me and matched it with light blush and lipstick, she had dried my hair before that and ran one of those hot curling things through it so my brown locks fell in wavy curls across my back and my shoulders.

Well it's not my fault that I had no idea as to what those curler things were called.

"No way am I gonna wear those earrings, Kal." I warned, backing away as Kallie held up a pair of crystal earrings for me to put on.

"C'mon Trix, they're not even as long as the ones I wear to parties!"

Now let me explain to you about my reluctance to hang those crystals on my ears, all my life I had taken a liking to earrings with peace signs or the famous shield of Captain America as my earring design. Pretty jewellery wasn't my thing, Kallie was always the one who dresses better for social gatherings and events.

"You'd have to give me a pretty good reason for me to put on that thing."

"You do need a pair of earrings." Kal shrugged nonchalantly.

"I have my other earrings that I can wear."

Kallie smirked at that, "Well about that," my stomach churned with nervousness when I heard the start of her sentence, what in the world had Kallie done to my stuff again.

Kallie took her time finishing her sentence, successfully letting the tension hang heavily in the air dramatically.

"I hid all of them!" She said finally.

"Well, then I can just go without the earrings." I replied, rolling my eyes.

"But you do need earrings for this party or not you won't look presentable enough!" She whined.

In the end, after bickering about the earrings for decades, I had to resort to putting it on because my mom had come up to my room and scolded me for not listening to Kal.

She stucked out her tongue in triumph at me when we got into her car and sped off to the Lachowski's.

That cheeky girl.