Chapter 3

Cry's POV

I grinned to myself as I made my way to Russ's house. When I got there I walked in and ran upstairs to his room. The door was open and he was sat at his computer desk, like always, playing some indie game that looked rather fun.

"Suuuuup?" I said, grinning.

"Woah. What happened to you?? You're only this happy when the pizza man comes or you win at a video game." Russ said, his eyes still glued to the game he was playing.

"Oh shut up. I can be happy about other things once in a while." I said.

"Oooooooo other things! These other things wouldn't entail a girl at all would they? Maybe a specific girl who you just went to visit?"

"This specific girl has a name you know. And yes. She is completely adorable and has a beautiful house and a cat and uggghhhh she's just perfect." I rambled on.

"I hate to burst your bubble, bud. But do you even know anything about her?"

"I know that her name is Lucy and she likes video games and.....and....uhhhh. Come to think about it no...."

"Well maybe you should get on that then. Ask her to dinner or something. You did get her number right?" Russ asked.

"Of course I did." I winked but then remember he wouldn't be able to see through the mask. "Asking her to dinner might be a little forward...I don't know. You know that I'm shy about these things." I said.

"Eh well just figure something out. Have you even texted her yet?"

"....oops."

"Damnit Cry. Go do that."

"Yes, sir."

I plopped onto Russ's bed and pulled out the notecard from my pocket. I smiled at her handwriting and programmed the number into my phone. I sent a quick texting saying who I was and waited.

Eventually after watching Russ play for a few hours I fell asleep with my phone in my hand.

I woke up the next afternoon unaware of where I was. I opened my eyes to find Russ in the same position, playing the same game.

"Holy shit what time is it?? And how are you still playing that game!?" I asked, surprised by what I saw.

"It's uhhhh 2:30 in the afternoon I believe and this is a really good game!" He said defensively.

"Oh wow I slept for a long time." I said.

"Yeah you did. Oh and your phone buzzed like 10 times it was really annoying."

"My phone?" I asked.

I suddenly remembered that I texted Lucy last night. I hit the unlock button to reveal that I did indeed have 10 messages.

2 from Russ telling me to shut my phone up

4 from my parents asking various things about the vacation I was going on in August

2 from Lucy

And

2 from Grace

I frowned. "When will Grace leave me alone already!? I broke up with her. That means I don't want to be near her."

"That bitch is still trying to get back with you huh?" Russ asked.

"Yeah. I don't know why she won't just leave me alone already."

I read the messages from Grace first.

Hey Cry! Sent at 2:00PM

And

Want to have dinner tonight at my place? Sent at 2:13PM

I let out a long sigh. I still loved her but the way she treated me when we were together was horrible. She cheated on me twice and was a total bitch at times.

"I'll think about it and get back to you." I sent.

Next were Lucy's:

Hiya Cry! :) Glad you decided to text me. Sent at 5:30PM (the day before)

Oh no! Avery is sick and I need to go to work! Could you possibly come over and cat-sit for me please!? I asked a bunch of other people and they're busy! I get off of work at 9 it'll only be for a few hours and I'll pay you! Sent at 1:55PM

I quick sent a text back:

Sure! But I'll make you a deal. Instead of paying me, you have to come eat dinner with me on Friday. Sound like a deal?

I got a text back a few minutes later.

That almost sounds like a date ;) but deal. Thank you so much! Come to my house at 4 please. I'll give you instructions on what to do before I leave. See ya later.

I read the message.

"Well Russ it looks like I'm going to be a cat sitter today."