Knock knock! Whos there? DEPRESSION!

Since 11 I've been 'besties' with depression. Well more like having it as a sibling that steals your clothes and stains them but also buys you ice cream. We were pretty close at one time until I found out the truth. Only I can see him, he is my personal death of the mind.

On a day of tears and death is when he came. He smiled down at me, what a comforting smile it was. It made me feel safer and more to my self even when I was in a world full of people. He looked like a dark blurry shadow as if all the dark and blurry thoughts of the damned became a mortal. He reached out his withered hand and said hello. I reached out for his hand for comfort, for a friend, for a better home. But all I got was sadness, an enemy, a burning bloody hell. His corruption spread all throughout my mind and my soul. He hated other people, he hated stuff I loved, he hated me.

I lost to him. He won. He was victorious and in glory. I was lost in my mind. I disappeared to my desperate calls of help. Gone like the puddles in the heat. I got up from my bed and showed a fraud smile. I grabbed the object of my future and yet my end and walked forward. I feel his glair on me, daunting me to cry. I open the door and see my reflection. Is it really my reflection anymore? I can't recognize myself anymore. I turn away and rid of my thoughts. I sit down and watch as the sharp object of my end draws my blood to the floor. Despair overpowered the pain. In a blink of an eye, I saw it. Those words that a hated so much. "I won".

Falling to my knees I hear a sound. A thud per-say. The sound of the curtains falling. And no one asking for an encore. My eradication. My death.