Chapter 1- Warning Bell

Lucas

This madness started when I went to the Philippines with Henry for the first time. I saw her, walking around with her friends. Rosy white skin, blue eyes, and a sweet smile. She's young, but not too young for me. I am not like Henry, who would rather get crazy to be alone than to pursue her woman... And because I am not like him, I made a move to know her name.

Flashback:

"Hi..." I greeted them. Four pairs of eyes looked at me. One pair is soft brown who has a lot of questions about my motives. One pair is chinky who is gauging me. One pair is purple who is looking at me with mischief. And one pair is the bluest eyes I have ever seen. No one reply to me so I tried to clear my throat.
"I'm Lucas."
"Lucas Stanford, Duke of Heron." Said the chinky girl.
"Duke, huh?" Said the brown-eyed woman.
"Sorry, you know me?" I asked. Too surprised that someone as far as this country knew me.
"More than you are comfortable to share with HI." Said the chinky girl again.
"Tara na." The brown-eyed woman said.
All four ladies stand up and without giving their name, they leave me alone at the park.

I have never been turned down by a woman so I let them go for a while, knowing full well that I will meet them again and this time I will research their name, who they are. Turns out, they are more than what I was expecting. They came from rich families in the Philippines. The brown-eyed woman is Brooklyn Ramirez, an heir of a hacienda in Negros according to google. The chinky eyed girl is Sakura Fujihara of Fujihara Group of Companies that was based in Japan. The purple-eyed woman is Autumn Miller and the woman I want to meet is Summer Miller. So, they are the daughters of a legendary NASCAR driver.

So from time to time, I went back to the Philippines just to see Summer.

Present time:

"Hi again, Summer." I greeted her. We were at the baby shower for Jacqueline. Their family likes to celebrate even small things.
"Hello." She greeted back. "It looks like you are enjoying the Philippines." She said.
"You can say that. I haven't been around with as big as this family." I look around the see Jack's family. There are laughing and being happy.
She chuckled. "Crazy, isn't it?"
I nod. "How's your bar?"
"It's great. I am enjoying being at the bar." She replied. She inhales her wine glass, swirls the liquid inside before taste the red wine.
"Where are your wines came from?" I get my own wine, inhale, and swirl and taste the delicious red wine.
"My main wine came from Sebastian winery, here in the Philippines. I have from Australia, Spain, Napa Valley, France..." She shrugged.
"Have you tasted the wine from Cordonia?"
She raised her one perfect eyebrow. "There is a vineyard in Cordonia?" she asked.
"Of course we have. We are still part of the world."
She laughs a little. "Don't get me wrong, I didn't know your country exist until Ate Cailee got kidnapped."
"I can show you around if you are interested to have a sampling."
Summer smilingly shook her head. "Maybe next time." She replied.
"I am counting on that. You have my number?"
She shook her head again. I gave her my personal name card.
"Just call me," I said. She hides the name card in her pocket and waves at me to go to another table with her relatives probably. They have the same shades of eyes. But the guy more looks like Gabriel, the arrogant Knight of the Leaders, but younger. Must be his brother.

"Lucas, a word please," William said behind me.
"Yes?"
"She is a family," William said seriously. He is speaking to me in French and in a low voice.
"I am just trying to know her better," I replied.
"I am just warning you... Have you seen these people?" William roamed his eyes around and I follow his line of sight. I saw Gabriel is looking at me and so was Jack and the chicky guy named Kiro.
"They are not stupid, Lucas. Just a reminder that they can kill you with their bare hands."

"Save yourself with your warning William... I may be a bastard in your eyes, but I know who and what they are."
"This is nothing to do with our family matters, Lucas. You have proven your worth...This is just a reminder, a cousin to cousin reminder. Unless you wanted to receive the same black eyes that Henry got from Tito Kyle. Don't play with fire, if you can't handle the burn." William slightly nods at me and leaves me alone standing at the wine corner with a bitter taste in my mouth.

I don't know what I am doing here in the first place. I am kidding myself that William and I will be friends. I pour a great amount of wine into my glass and drink it straight before I went out of the venue. I probably not enjoying William's company now but I am still enjoying this place.

So I went out and look for a park to sit in and just kill my time to message my special friend on Tinder. Who would have thought that a Duke like me is in Tinder? None... so I log-in and poke my long-time Tinder friend. She is Barney with a profile picture of that annoying purple dinosaur.

Luke: (poke)

I found her profile two years ago on Tinder. And from there, we talk like we've known each other. We didn't ask personal things like our real name and our location. We just...talk. Like, everything under the sun talks. And I have never been more open to anyone...until Barney.