Chapter 14- Confuse

Lucas

Damn if I know, what am I doing. After I kissed her cheek, I retreat as a troop cornered during the war. Violet looks at me like I lost my damn mind. I probably did.

I left her in our room and went to the bar. Here I am, drinking alone instead of burying myself in that beautiful woman in our room. On our bed...

"She is vulnerable... get a grip." I softly told myself. My phone beeps and I welcomed the distraction.

Barney: (poke)
Luke: Wow, you are awake.
Barney: How are you?
Luke: I'm fine...
Luke: No. I'm not fine.
Barney: Why?

I am desperate to talk to anybody. Anybody who will not laugh at my face because of my dilemma.

Luke: I am torn.
Barney: Wow... that's new. So, what's the issue? I thought you were in love already? Are you not?
Luke: I am. I thought so.
Barney: You thought so? What are you, an eight-year-old?
Luke: And here I thought I can talk to you without laughing at me.
Barney: No, I'm not laughing. I am confused.
Luke: That makes us two.
Barney:  So, what is it?
Luke: Remember I told you I am in love with someone?
Barney: Yes...the blue-eyed goddess you met about years ago or something.
Luke: Yeah... that... Christ, never mind...
Barney: Hey! You can't do that. Spill it out.
Luke: I can figure it out. What made you poke me?
Barney: I am confused as hell too.
Luke: About what?
Barney: I met this guy... lol kidding 😝
Luke: It's always about a guy, isn't it?
Barney: It's the same guy. But he is giving me a mixed signal.
Luke: Uh-huh...
Barney: One moment he is sweet, the next minute he is as cold as an ice.  
Luke: He must be in his midlife crisis.
Barney: Hahaha... probably.  Anyway, I just shared.
Luke: You sure you are cool with that guy? If he is not treating you right, then leave him.
Barney: I think I am in love with him already.
Luke: That bad huh?! Change the topic... what's your view?
Barney: The ocean. It's perfect.
Luke: You like the ocean, huh!
Barney: Yeah. Perhaps I was a mermaid in my past life.

"You like the ocean?"
"Yes...  Hindi ko alam kung bakit. Baka dati akong mermaid."

I look at Barney's reply. Even talking to her, reminds me of that woman who is now probably sleeping in our room.

Luke: A purple mermaid.
Barney: I prefer to be called a violet mermaid.

What the hell! I must be drunk. I am mixing everything in my head. I need to sleep.

I told my room number to the bartender and went upstairs. I found Violet already sleeping on one side of the bed. Her hair is tossing on her face. She's hugging one pillow. The ocean breeze is blowing.

I went to the sliding door that is open and found that the ocean is illuminated by the full moon. Its light is reflected in the water. And the yacht was, like toys from this view.

The ocean. It's perfect. My mind went back to my conversation with Barney.

I am already confused... and Barney confused me even more.