Chapter 19- Perfect View

Lucas

After Violet exit the room to eat her breakfast, Gab discusses how they will trap Alberto. He also informed us that Carlos, the football player of Real Madrid is not happy about what happened to Violet. Now that his contract will end this season, he will transfer to Portugal. That is their family works, you hurt one, and you hurt the whole clan.

Gab and Kiro left me and Henry when the ladies went to the river bed. Henry and I are alone in his library and we can see Xykie, Sakura, and Violet laughing at the boardwalk.

"So, when will I prepare the feast?" Henry taunted.
"Stop it. You are still corny on jokes."
"Remember when I was..."
"An arsehole?" I continued on what he was saying.
"... too confused. I still remember how you taunt me. Payback time."
"Very mature," I muttered.

The three ladies laugh so loud that we can hear them here. They are laughing so hard that they are now lying on the boards.
"Where is Summer?" I asked Henry.
"She was sent to the Palace last night. So you can return Violet in here." Henry replied.
I didn't answer.
"Torn between the sisters?" Henry asked again.
"Fuck off. Just because we are on speaking terms doesn't mean I forgot how bastard you were to me before."
"Why are acting like an old maid?"
"Bloody hell," I murmured, and drink my brandy.
Henry laughs at me.
"Can't wait to see you cry blood with Violet... or Summer. Whichever you really like the most."
"Fuck you," I said and went out of his library.

I went back to my house and found Robin at the front door waiting for me.
"Your Grace, one of your bikes is missing." He informed.
"I know," I replied. He senses that I am not in a good mood. I don't even know why I am irritated.

I went to my library and found myself drinking alone. I left Violet at Henry's without telling her I will leave. I just left...

Barney: (poke)

Great... the distraction that I need.

Luke: Barns... what's up?
Barney: Hey... I'm good. I am with my friends. So fun. You?
Luke: I'm cool.

I look at my brandy and typed again.

Luke: Alone...drinking.
Barney: Bring the party in here. We need that brandy... We look like we're drunk even though we just drink orange juice.
Luke: You missed your friends.
Barney: Hell yeah... Wish you were here. You will like them.
Luke: Sure, I will... I like girls.
Barney: They are taken... sorry buddy. And you are also taken.
Luke: Am I?
Barney: Aren't you?
Luke: Lol...
Barney: Yes...you were torn as you said.
Luke: You remember that huh?
Barney: I value my friends...I remember what they confide in me. So...still don't want to talk about that torn thing?
Luke: Are you up for a chat?
Barney: Yeah. My friends are with their bfs now and I am the third wheel so yeah.
Luke: How will you choose between two people?
Barney: You mean two people that you like?
Luke: Yeah.
Barney: Listen to your heart.
Luke: He is currently sleeping right now.
Barney: Ok, which one you can imagine yourself growing old with?
Luke: I can't see the future yet.
Barney: If you love the first one, then why are you torn now?

I laugh when I read her message. A simple question, but it makes sense.

Luke: Make sense. But I didn't say I love anyone.
Barney: Of course it is. And of course, you did love one of them. You are just stubborn to admit it to yourself. Is it your first time?
Luke: You sound expert.
Barney: Nah... the guy I love doesn't love me back.
Luke: How did you know?
Barney: Because he likes my sister.
Luke: That sucks.
Barney: Yes, it is. But you know the saying, if you love him, set him free... if he goes back then he is yours.
Luke: I don't believe in that crap. Why set him free? Why not make a move so he can love you back?
Barney: Because, Luke... You should love yourself first before someone can love you back. It is sometimes tiring to force other people to see you as you.
Luke: That's... sad.
Barney: Yeah.
Luke: So what's your view now?
Barney: Perfect view.

Then she sent me a picture of a river, with birds that are flying and the sun is about to set. That is too familiar to me. My blood runs cold and I run towards the door and back to my car.

I drove fast going back to Henry's house. I drove like a mad man...like there are ten demons running after me.

Morris is waiting for me at the front door, but I went on the side towards the river. He looks confused that I didn't acknowledge him. I stop before Violet sees me. She is sitting at the edge of the boardwalk. Her hair is blown by the wind. The sun is setting and the sky is turning orange and pink.

I look at the picture that Barney sent me and I look at the view in front of me. Surely there is no identical place in the world.

"It is, indeed, perfect," I murmured. 

-------------------
A/N
Drum roll, please....
Ano ang mangyayari sa tagpong ito? Abangan...charot.