Dying flames

It was all good at the beginning, we were complementing each others' bodies, and thoughts. You started to love me and it was quite surprising, 'cause you were almost ... heartless.
You were not perfect and that was the main reason that made me get attached to you. I loved your shitty attitude, the rough man's facade that was hiding a kid who needed a lot of affection and love, your 24/7 sleepy voice, when you got mad, the way you expressed your feelings towards me, how badly you wanted us to be gathered, and how you always insisted that I was yours.
It's sad to know that love has never been enough for two lovers to survive, they need more than just feelings. You had your sweet angel side, and of course your annoying selfish kid side that controlled you a lot. You were so selfish that you just left away; the same way pain leaves a broken heart : it keeps fading until it vanishes.
You were confused and it was all fucked up in your head. You wanted me but it seemed like you were not ready and you had to choose between me, loneliness, responsibilty, and messing around. Confusion didn't help you to choose and it was a hard decision that you avoided for too long. But once again your selfishness won and you decided to visit your loneliness, then to come back to me whenever you were bored of it.
I tried to fix it. To fix us.
We fought a lot. Said things and did things we didn't mean. You used to explain yourself, and apologize then push us to fall back into the same routine at every single time. Your temper was as bad as mine so we just ignored each other most of the times 'cause none of us wanted to leave. It was hard for me while, apparently, it has never bothered you.
Yes, you loved me but what kept you away from me for long weeks ? And how could a person be this selfish and hide behind stupid excuses ?
You thought I enjoyed arguing and fighting, and you didn't even notice sincerity in my talk.
I was sick of games, and battles were not satisfying. Not anymore. So I just decided to leave. Yeah we were nuts, and our relationship had more downs then ups. I don't know ... Maybe that's what happens when two enraged flames meet, it kills the passion. And they end up hugging each other, both dead.