Heartless

Heartless.
If you take a deep look at this word and scratch it's surface to get to decipher it, you might understand how much love it hides. It could seem contradictory but it's a sad, hidden truth.
This simple word hides disappointment, pain, rejection, suffocation, depression; broken promises, trust, heart and soul. It expresses how overdoing something with passion could either destroy you, or make you stronger [...] or both.
Heartless people are human beings who have loved way too hard, and cared way too much. They always did their best to show people they loved that they truly love them, genuinely. They sacrificed a lot for a friendship they have considered as a precious one, and for a love they have considered as a unique one. But unfortunately, they didn't get anything in return.
Actually they did, but not anything of what they really deserved. All they got in return is disappointment, pain, rejection, broken promises, and a broken heart and soul. You'll probably notice that I wrote these words before. Yes, I did. And that's exactly what the word heartless hides between it's letters.

These people hide behind this word and hold on tight to it even if they dont like it. They got hurt, betrayed and left behind by people in they've put all their trust into. It's sad isn't it ...
The saddest part is that they can never get rid of their pure soul no matter how heartless they want to be, or look like. They'll still love you after all you gave them back was fake love. They'll still see the good in you. Even when you have only showed them your most evil parts.
Heartless people are precious innocent kids hiding behind that mask. Kids who need care and a lot of affection. Heartless people do not exist.