Lost

It took me long lonely nights to convince myself that we just don't belong to each other, and that nothing could make it feel right anymore. But then I found out that my heart's still not into that idea, that's when I realized that our hearts take a lot of time to forget what our minds have decided to let go.
I knew it when you showed up in my dreams. Again and again and, again. A projection of my own mind, mixed with some hidden feelings was subconsciously created every single night. And it felt so real that I started to lose my reality.
It made me wonder if I'd ever really get to touch that warm body of yours someday. If I'd ever kiss your cherry pink lips. If I'd ever listen to that perfect lullaby your hearbeats make. If I'd ever wrap my hands around you without waking up to my favourite fluffy white teddy bear instead ...
Your presence lingers here, there and wherever I go. And I got so used it that I don't need to sleep anymore to meet you. It seems like I'm getting lost. Lost with your shadow, your ghost or whatever it is that looks like you.
I used to daydream to keep you by my side. But lately I've been left behind by your shadow just like you did to me. And it hurts so badly 'cause not only I have lost the both of you but I've also, tragically, lost my peaceful sleep. And now, so lost, I'm faded.