Chapter 8 The Shortest Chapter Eever

As I walked through the village, I noticed that it was strangely empty.

"What's going on?" I asked myself. I quickly went home and opened our door. No one was home, not even the dragons. It seems like the whole world just, disappeared. To make sure my imagination wasn't getting the better of me, I went to my neighbor Phlegma. I knew the only places she'd go outside was the market and her garden behind her house. I knocked on the door and my life completely flashed before my eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Comet rudely asked. I completely stopped breathing, but I managed to choke the words out.

"I was looking for you're mom." I quietly said. Every once of confidence and security I had vanished. Seeing Comet like this, with a cold expression on his face, made me feel like I was the worst person in the world.

"Mom! Someone's here to see you." He called into the house.

"Oh how I love company!" I heard someone say. A large women with blonde hair that was put in a pigtail braid ran up to me from inside the house. Her face and her tan dress was covered in dirt. "Oh my, you're Hiccup's little girl aren't you?" She asked me. I didn't like people like her that were always happy. I felt like people can never be that happy unless they were hiding something, but I would never say that to her out loud. For me, seeing people sad is a thousand times worse then seeing them happy and seeing people mad is a million times worse.

"Um yea." Those were the only things I could say before I was interrupted.

"Such an honor! I've only seen you a few times." She shook my hand rapidly. Comet stood beside his mother with crossed arms. He rolled his eyes and sighed. To think, thanks to one idiot, the entire personality of someone has changed. "So what can I do for you?" She asked.

"Where is everyone?" I asked her. Phlegma's smile instantly faded.

"You mean you really don't know?" She asked.

"That's kind of pathetic." Comet said.

"Comet you hush up!" She told him. "Why, dear, they're all at the Great Hall. There was been some sightings of the Dagger and his awful troops, not to mention his son." She answered. I forgot that grandpa told me there had been some activity of sorts. I just didn't know what he really meant, until now.

"You would think that the granddaughter of the chief would now something like that. You really are stupid." Comet grunted. I've had enough of him. I may have had feelings for him before, I admit, but now I wish I'd never met him, and that includes Bottonlout.

"Just because of what happened doesn't give you the right to be a jerk!" I shouted at Comet.

"What happened?" Phlegma asked. Comet's and my anger got the better of us and we began to fight in front of his mother.

"And what you did was wrong and sick!" He yelled at me.

"I didn't even say yes! Bottonlout was being an idiot like always!"

"Wait what?" Comet seemed to calm down. "You didn't say yes?"

"Of course not! I'm better than that." Comet and I were stuck in each others eyes once more, but this time was in anger. All though he seemed more guilty than mad.

"I see you got my note." He calmly said after who knows how long. Hearing him say that made something in me snap. I turned my back to him.

"I hate you." I said and walked away.