Hayden

Chapter 8-

Maiko’s POV

It was still dark, but I could see rays that were softly beginning to lighten the sky. I checked my phone, it was five a.m. I gently untangled myself from Kyoya. I removed his mask and wig before kissed his forehead. I fished out a piece of paper and wrote him a quick note in my looping handwriting.

Thank you

I put it under a rock so it wouldn’t blow away with the wind, but he would still see it. I made my way out of the maze, leaving Kyoya there, leaning against the wall. I was glad today was Saturday, I would be able to sort everything out, especially my feelings.

I got home and took out my card filled with eight stamps, one from each host, I have to say, that was probably one of the most memorable nights of my life. Changing out of my dress, I put my wig and contacts in again, if someone opened the door, I didn’t want them to see me as Kurochi. I grabbed a cup of coffee as I began to think. I began fingering the card and the rose he left in my hair. It was the most beautiful blue. It was enchanting, and vivid.

Why is it I trusted Kyoya? Did I like him? And, friends, I’m an assassin, I don’t have any friends, they all get killed. Ugh emotions are so confusing. I put the rose in a vase next to my bed, before I went to sleep.

But, both nightmares and sweet dreams kept running through my head. On one hand, I was there in a beautiful white dress having my happily ever after with Kyoya on the other end of the aisle. But, on the other my enemies were lurking closer and closer, and I saw all the host club members get killed.

I always woke up in a cold sweat, I couldn’t sleep, I tried all up until noon when I had lunch before going out. I hoped a little shopping would give me the R&R I seriously needed. I felt like I was a bullet train with no chance of stopping. I stopped by at my favorite boutique. There was the person who I could honestly call friend, why because he can protect himself. He was a fellow assassin and had already fallen in love, one time after another.

“Hayden,” I said tiredly as I leaned against the counter.

“What happened to you, Lady Rose Thorn, no Mr. Sex master who makes me tired in bed?,” he asked. Lady Rose Thorn was my codename when he didn’t want to blow my job, if I was undercover.

We had a special greeting over the years, it developed from years of having to play each others ‘lover’ during missions, we had to do it enough that it stuck, so when ever we see each other, we greet them the same way.

“Cut the crap Hayden, I’m not in the mood today,” I said slumping against the table.

“Wow, something is made you extremely mad, or confused.” Hayden said he looked outside, seeing no one was there and closed shop early, “I’ll get you a coffee and we’ll talk about what happened.”

I sat there in a director’s chair leaning on the counter. I smelled the delicious coffee wafting from the other room. I sighed rubbing my temples, how could I have done such stupid things. He finally came back to stop me from my brooding. He sat in a spinning chair on the other side of the counter and put the coffee down in front of me.