INTRO

DEXTER

❝ A dexter's smart and preppy but slightly better than a nerd; so exactly like you ❞

Ruth Dakin had a bit of an anger issue. That was what the Professor called it whenever they had to replace her burned bedsheets after she found herself too frustrated at the Tuesday night homework she had been given, or when she woke up from a too bad dream and wasn't able to calm herself down in time. She had trouble controlling her emotions, something the Professor and Hank McCoy tried their hardest to keep in check, because they very well knew the dangers of unchecked rage.

Having nowhere else to go, she found herself staying at the mansion over the summer, along with the other few students that were stranded, everyone else having had gone home or had been taken out of school after the mansion had initially exploded, their parents not trusting them to stay in a place where danger lurked around every corner; it was also why enrollment rates were so low, which was a fair problem to the head of the school.

But the summer was not stagnant for Ruth and the rest of her classmates, as news of Warren Worthington III—one of Magneto's former associates during their most recent battle, believed to have been left for dead—rose to the surface, spurring on a whirlwind of events as everyone scrambled to decide whether or not they wanted to take on the responsibility and save the boy.

As she tried to keep up with the current events, swept up in the plans and preparations for no reason other than proximity, Ruth found herself also being forced to tackle her problems straight-on, facing the ghosts that she worked so hard to bury, the skeletons in her closet finding their way out, but for all the past was coming back to haunt her, a boy with a dry wit and red-tinted glasses was waiting with open arms to help her move on towards the future.

○ ○ ○

CAST

lee ji-eun as ruth dakin

❝ my hair turns into a candle, you're not that special ❞