[43]

Hopper's Blazer arrives at the lab parking lot, parking as El opens the door and gets out, looking at it.

She gulps, reaching for her bracelet and rubbing the charms, as she heard the growling of the monsters.

She never thought she'd be back here WILLINGLY.

Flashes of her life in her lab immediately took over her brain before she shut it out, realizing how she was gripping her necklace tightly.

She forgot...

Jessie had to stay an entire night and day at the lab for Will.

If Jessie could do it, so can she.

El turns to see Hopper with his rifle, walking up to her.

She turns back to the lab, glaring at it as she heard the rifle cock.

"All right. You let me do the heavy lifting up front, all right? You save your strength till we're below."

He looks at her, noticing the fear behind the brave look she was putting on.

"You okay?"

She doesn't answer, walking straight towards the lab.

She wasn't really...but she HAD to do this.

To protect her family.

X

Jess was in the front seat of Billy's car, Max driving the car.

The boys and Gabby were squished in the back, silence overtaking the car other than Jess giving directions to Max.

The reason she was in the front was because she was injured, which she thought was a bullshit excuse for the boys to make but, she's kinda glad they made her front seat because Gabby wasn't really feeling it.

She sighed, looking out the window from being squished between Dustin.

"Nancy?"

Gabby turned to see Steve had woken up, and Mike was giving him a look for confusing him for his big sister, Lucas sniggering beside him.

She snorted, remembering times when adults would say how much she looked like Jess.

...

HOW?!

Jess has freckles, SHE DOESN'T!

Jess has blue eyes, she has GREEN ones!

The only thing they both shared was their hair type, color and all.

"No, don't touch it."

She turns to see Dustin taking Steve's hand off his injured face, causing the high-schooler to look towards them.

"Hey, buddy..."

"Hey, Harrington." She says, growing some Aloe Vera in her hands, getting a knife from her pocket to cut it, rubbing the goo on his face as Dustin shushed him.