Chapter Eight: Hidden Room Underground

Sky's POV:

I looked at the sky as we travelled the sun was still high, and the weather was clear. All around us was mesa territory, no major cities were near this area. Right before we left West City, Hero noticed something on the paper, that none of us have noticed. He said he could see one word that stood out from the others, Trials. I looked back at the faded paper, unable to see the word. How did Seto not see it? Did it only appear because Hero looked at it? Hero teleported us closer to the area on the map to make up for lost time, but I think it messed with him a little bit. He was lagging behind, with one hand over his chest. He was doing the same thing in the city, but when I asked him about it, he only said he felt something odd. I think it has to do with the fact he doesn't have a soul anymore, but he now has a sliver of humanity. It's probably trying to make him feel human emotions, but it isn't that successful because he doesn't have a soul. I sighed as Deadlox tried to jump from a dead tree to a rock out of his reach, causing him to barely make it.

"You know, you can survive without parkouring through everything...right?" I mocked a serious tone at the end. Deadlox chuckled, but then gave me a dark glare and smile.

"Of course, I can survive without jumping from place to place. But can you resist calling gold butter?" I growled at him, taking his challenge.

"Well Deadlox, even though I have been calling g-gold that for awhile now, I can refrain from calling it something other than g...alright I can't do it! It's budder!" I clutched my budder sword to my chest, as everyone laughed, and even Hero smiled slightly.

"Careful Sky, we may have just found your weakness." Chuckled Husky. Mitch, who was already hiding partly behind Jerome decided to say something.

"Your weakness is being called fish!" Husky threw a dagger at him, only missing by a centimeter. "That or he just wants a reason to throw his knives."

"You aren't even worth wasting them on." Husky growled, before turning to Ssundee. "Anyhow, you're from this territory, right? Is there anything or is it just empty everywhere."

"Oh, its basically empty. Father has a small cottage by his farm up north a little bit, and that's about all I know that's in this area." Explained Ssundee, and Mitch opened his mouth to say something. Before he could though, Ssundee cut him off. "It was my mother who was a witch, not my father."

"How did you know I was going to ask that?" He asked.

"I could tell you were going to ask that. And before you ask where she is, she has been gone for a while now. Derp still doesn't believe me that she died. Derp may joke about a bad relationship with her, but that was far from the truth, they were really close."

"I've been wondering something for a while." Hero stated. "Why is he called Derp, is it to make fun of his eyes?" Ssundee laughed slightly, shaking his head.

"No. His real name is Ian. He choses to go by Derp." Hero nodded, and Deadlox walked a few feet ahead of us.

"You know, what if-" Deadlox was cut off from what he was saying, when the ground below him started to crack and give way, making him fall into a hole. We heard a loud crash, and I looked down in the darkness to try and see him. It must have been a little far down.

"Deadlox, are you alive down there?" I heard a faint groan.

"I'm fine. I think I hurt my leg in the fall though." That was good news. I jumped down, landing beside Deadlox. The room was mostly dark, except for the light shining from the entrance of the hole. The floor was mossy cobblestone. The terracotta walls were decorated with intricate designs, making it almost look like waves of water. The only thing that resembled a doorway, was a large arch, showing a hallway with the same design behind it. I looked through the semi -darkness at Deadlox. He seemed fine except for his leg, which was bent at an odd angle, slightly under the knee. His headphones were also knocked off his head and were laying across the floor on the other side of the room, no longer glowing. The others jumped down as well, and Hero shivered, crossing his arms as though he was cold.

"Did you guys sense-" Deadlox winced, covering his ears, and Hero quickly shut his mouth. He looked at me with a questioning look on his face. I picked up Deadlox's Headphones and handed it to him. When he put them on, they casted a slight green glow across the area as well. "I didn't know your ears were that sensitive..." Hero said, sounding both apologetic, and as though he knew something. Deadlox also seemed to realize that and laughed nervously.

"Why else would I be wearing headphones, I don't have music endlessly blasting in them. But what is it you were saying?"

"Did any of you guys sense that in the air." His eyes glowed a little brighter, and he shivered again. "There's some sort of power here, and it gives me the chills for some reason. Oh, that and we aren't in a respawn zone anymore."

"How can you tell?" Ssundee asked, and Hero gave him a 'are you kidding?' look.

"Think, what was one thing I did while insane?" He asked as though it was obvious. He then answered himself before Ssundee could speak. "I killed, permanently. I can make a place a temporary no respawn zone, but unfortunately, I can't make something into a respawn zone." He then kneeled beside Deadlox and placed his hand over the break in Deadlox's leg. "This is going to hurt, are you ready?"

"Wait, you can actually heal?" Deadlox asked. "I thought your magic just made you destroy things." Hero shook his head.

"Kind of, I taught myself some healing magic when I fought big brother. It takes a lot out of me though, because my magic wasn't made for it." He looked at the hallway, and back at us. "I'll do this quickly, I think someone's there, try to be quiet." He mumbled something, closing his eyes, and small circles appeared around his hand, and they disappeared into Deadlox's leg. His leg started to slowly straighten, and he put a hand over his mouth, so he didn't make any noise. Before his leg was completely healed, voices sounded from the hall.