Chapter 25

1 year later...

Kaneki's P.O.V.

I've gotten better. I can walk normally and not have one of my episodes anymore. I'm working at Anteiku again. Hide is happy that I'm better. And I'm happy too.

Right now me and Hide were laying in bed, at night. Like always, I was snuggled into his chest. And he had his arms around my waist.

"Kaneki?" He said after awhile.

"Mm?" I hummed as I moved so I could face him.

"Do you want to have kids?" I imitatively started to blush.

"I-I...uh.." I didn't know how to answer.

"I don't mean that way. We could adopt. There are plenty of kids who need homes."

"I know but adopting isn't the same. So, I guess I'm saying yes."

"Okay, but I don't know if you would want to go through that stress again."

"The stress would be worth it in the end. But if the child dies again, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself."

"We can do this if you're willing to." He said as he put a hand on my cheek.

"I am." I said before he kissed me. I kissed back. "But...not...right...now." I said in-between kisses.

"Alright." He said after pulling away.

Time skip~~ 2 months~~ still Kaneki's P.O.V.~~

Me and Hide have been trying for a baby. But so far the tests I took are negative. So, we keep trying. Now I find myself sitting on the edge of the tub, waiting for what this test would say. Hide was waiting outside the bathroom door, probably passing back and fourth. Like he has the past few times. The only thing I could focus on was the test. I was tapping my foot on the floor because I'm being inpatient.

Eventually the test showed those faithful two red lines. I smiled and put my hand on my stomach. I had a few tears of joy too. Then I stood up and opened the bathroom door. Hide looked at me with a worried look. I showed the test to him, with a big smile. He smiled back before I ran to him and hugged him. He picked me up off my feet and sort of spined me around. He set me down and kissed me.

After trying for 2 months, we were finally going to have a child.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words: 401
Hope you enjoyed.
Until next time!