Chapter 8 - Calling Doctor Demon

Aryan had never actually assessed Kiran in a standing position, or any position really save for curled in on himself in shuddering terror; and now that the demon had an undisturbed view of the situation, he was met with the fact that he most certainly should've done something about the angel's broken wing earlier. While Kiran's right wing folded neatly behind his back, pristine white feathers falling in perfect, undisturbed order and catching the unseen light Aryan was decidedly pretending probably wasn't coming from Kiran himself, its left counterpart was a fucking mess.

The wing hung limply from its proper place, obviously dragging heavily as Kiran's body was angled slightly in that direction, his left shoulder blade visibly dipping lower than his right in a way that couldn't have been the least bit comfortable and would likely leave the angel with horrendous neck cramps when all was said and done.

The feathers on the left wing weren't doing all that hot either, the delicate things ruffled and damaged in more places than one, knocked ajar from their natural pristine positioning by the jarring impact of the fall and left tarnished in the accident's wake. All this was not to mention the brilliant crimson stain that marred the unadulterated white purity focused around where the wing appeared actually broke, the now dried blood crusting the trashed feathers that existed there and smearing across the blank canvas of divinity with it dirty touch of grime and death.

The wing itself slumped against the floor and lay flat along the stone surface until it suddenly didn't - Right after the center a drastic and unnatural looking bend sent the bones arching skywards at a stark angle that had to be hell to endure for this long and perhaps, though he would never admit it to any living soul, least of all himself, Aryan might have felt the smallest touch of guilt for letting the angel sit there and suffer such ghastly injury without making the slightest attempt to alleviate it for such a great length of time. It left the demon wondering why the fuck Kiran hadn't said something before and he half thought to demand an explanation for just that when the angel actually spoke up once more.

"Did you perhaps bring more water as well?" Kiran questioned softly, his voice barely more than a breath of air that Aryan would've undoubtedly missed if there were any more than two of them in the room, as if the angel were uncertain he should actually be so bold as to request anything of the demon and Aryan momentarily wondered how he'd been stupid enough to consider even the slightest possibility of Kiran mentioning his agonized wing when the kid struggled so much asking for a bottle of fucking water, the basic sustenance required for life.

"Your food," Kiran started again when Aryan failed to reply immediately, the demon only then realizing he'd been sitting silent in his thoughts for more than a moment. "It is exceedingly..." The angel attempted to explain but then trailed off, appearing thoughtful and even going so far as to make a quiet humming noise to himself as if trying to figure out how to properly voice his thoughts and pulling a blank. "It gives me thirst." Is all that Kiran eventually managed to come up with, though he spoke the statement less like a fact and more like a question, as if he needed Aryan to tell him if he were thirsty or not.

"Salty. The word you're looking for is salty." Aryan supplied hesitantly after a moment, reaching into his coat to produce the requested item and holding it out to Kiran, who only hesitated a moment before cautiously beginning to approach the demon.

The angel moved with obvious caution, taking only the tiniest of steps forward and failing to edge anything over a few centimeters nearer at a time. Come forward all the same he did though and soon Kiran was close enough to reach out a tentative hand toward the offered beverage, long fingers stretching forward slowly as he carefully lowered his last three fingers and extended his first two to wrap around the container - Aryan briefly had the notion to leap forward and startle the hesitant angel but figured that would be just too cruel and decided against it in the end, not too keen on the thought of accidentally sending the boy into cardiac arrest when all the demon had on hand in the first aid department was a few rolls of bandages that would likely prove relatively ineffectual against hyperventilation.