Proposition

J.D. POV

I found myself wondering about this girl that had come in to my life so suddenly. Where would she go? Would she be safe? What was she running from in the first place? She was beautiful and sweet but broken.

She came downstairs for dinner with curls bouncing around her like a shield of protection. She was so small and so beautiful. Her smile was bright but her eyes were sad. She looked lost it was obvious. I'm not one to pry into someone's life nor do I take on the burden of others but then again I've never seen a woman on her with no one to care for her or protect her.

I walked to the front of the house where I found her on the front porch sitting quietly with her thoughts. No point in caring or asking her questions cause she would be gone in the morning anyways. I turned and went back towards the house to shower up and head to bed.

Walking in thru the kitchen I saw how well she cleaned and placed everything perfectly. I went on up to my room and jumped into the shower. I took my time letting the water run off of me and once the water began to cool I decided to get out and shave. I wrapped a towel low on my waist and cleaned the fog off my mirror.

I finished my shave and was just about to get dressed when I heard a yelp behind me. Shit I thought I left the adjoining door opened.

" It's alright I have a towel on. Don't be so dramatic will ya."

" I'm sorry I was startled. I wasn't expecting you to be standing there."

" Well I am."

" Well I'm sorry. You needn't be so rude. I didn't mean to scream I was just taken aback."

" Don't tell me how to be in my own home. And stop saying your sorry. It's very annoying. " I was right in front of her now and instantly her head went down. Well now I felt bad and became even more annoyed.

" Look at me when we're talking you its annoying you looking down all the time like a whooped pup or something. "

" Maybe I am." she looked me in the eye then,"Where I come from I had to look down or I would be noticed and that was never good in my home. And I apologize all the time because sometimes it spared me the consequences of my father. You know what I thank you for all that you have done and I hope to one day repay you for everything...'

"What are you leaving,' I ask cutting her off.

"Yes I am. It's best to walk at night when it's cooler anyways. Again thank you and I won't forget your kindness."

She turned and grabbed her bags along her way out the bedroom door.

"You dont have to leave tonight. "

" Yes I do. Tonight or tomorrow what's the difference. "

With that she was out the door and heading down the stairs. Quickly I threw on my clothes and shoes to run after her. Once again my attitude was yo much for someone. I ran down the stairs to the kitchen and saw out the window walking down the drive. I ran after her and finally made it to her grabbing her by the arm causing her to drop her bag.

"Aspyn don't go I'm sorry. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something happened to you because of me. I'll take you in to town tomorrow myself but get yourself some sleep tonight."

" I just really need to go but thank you for caring. "

" Aspyn."

"I'm fine I promise. "

With that she turned and began to walk away. I couldn't force her to stay but I felt so bad for running her off. I kept replaying her words. Suffer the consequences of her father. What did she mean by that? What had she been thru? Either way it's none of my business and she wants to go so that's I have to let her do.

" Hey Aspyn stay on this road to get town," I yelled out at her.

She waved her hand at me and kept going. I watched her for awhile till she was over the hill and i could no longer see her.