Secrets

Hey Guys! I know that literally no apology will be enough to explain my beyond irritating lateness... The truth is that I have been suffering from major writing block as i have been going through really terrible mental health right now. I just wanted to thank all the lovely writers on here you gave me a world to escape through, and really and truly thank you guys for your never ending support that honestly I'm so grateful for and motivates me to do what I love... write.

I wanted to apologise for this chapter, i redrafted it at least 20 times but it still doesn't feel up to mark... but please comment and let me know what you think and what you liked. I'm so sorry I haven't been able to reply to your adorable comments but I definitely will this time!!!!

And incase this chapter wasn't up to the mark, i've written a long teaser for the next part at the end of this update to give you a glimpse at what is coming next!

Please comment, vote and enjoy!!!!

....

"Okay... When you were in Delhi..." Before Abhilash could start saying anything, the doorbell rang loudly. Abhilash looked to the door, but Zain didn't even flinch, his eyes stayed trained on Abhilash impatiently waiting for him to finish.

"When I was in Delhi what?!" He yelled out in frustration, slamming his fist on his thigh.

"Zain... the door..." Abhilash pointed to the door warily. Zain shook his head violently, his eyes were bloodshot and watering ,refusing to move from that seat until he knew what had happened with his Adi. "Zain. I promise, she'll be fine. She'll be completely fine. Let me open the door..."

Zain finally gave up his resolve, nodding reluctantly. Abhilash walked over and clicked it open, as Zain just sighed painfully, his head falling in to his hands in despair.

"Uncle ji, auntie ji! Oh wow ... I'm so sorry... it's all messy in here... we weren't expecting anybody..." Abhilash looks disorientated as he slowly opens the door and indicated for them to come in, Zain looked up in confusion, rubbing his eyes before staring at the door in question.

Suddenly he felt something on his leg.

"Chachu! Chachuuuuu! " He looked down to see Inaaya hugging his leg tightly, clutching to it, and pressing her soft cheek against the fabric of his jeans which she tugs. He couldn't help but let a tiny smile appear on his face as she clambers on to his lap, and holds out her hands as if wordlessly asking him to take her in to his arms. He immediately complies like the spoiling chachu he was, cradling her in his arms, smiling down at her.

"Ammi... papa... aap log... ab yaha?" Zain is about to stand up to greet them but his dad shakes his head, signalling that there was no need to disturb Inaaya on his lap. His heart warms seeing his family infront of him, almost causing him to forget the worry nagging him constantly.

His mother kneeled infront of the sofa in front of him, cuping his cheek tenderly. There was no way the red raw pain in his eyes and the dried tears on his cheeks could be ignored by a mother, she frowned in worry as she scrubbed at his face with her dupatta, "Beta tum teek ho na? "

"Haan of course Ammi..." Zain tried to smile convincingly, tears threatened to fall from him eyes, his mother's familiar comfort close to bringing his walls tumbling down.

"Are you sure?" His mother enquired again, she knew, she could see that something was troubling him.

"Yes Ammi, bilkhul... " He placed his hand over hers that rested on his face and squeezed it gently, he hated seeing his mother getting worried. He smiles that charming smile of his, ignoring the sinking feeling in his stomach.

"Uncle ji, Auntie ji... mein aap logo ke liye chai bana du? " Abilash asked in polite concern, walking toward the kitchen.

"Kya formality dikha rahi hu baccha?!" Ammi called out, laughing incontrollably at Abhi's rigid politeness. " Kya hum logo ko tumhe nahi jante kya? When is the last time you have entered a kitchen? Come sit here, we don't want anything..."