23

"Hey Jeon's cousin. I'm Lee Min Su. His girlfriend." She said, clinging over Jungkook's arm as the latter was standing nervously beside her.

"Wait, when are-"

Before Mrs Jeon continued, she cut her off, "Mrs Jeon, should I help you prepare for the dinner?" She dragged Jungkook's mother to the kitchen.

-

Se Jun's eyes followed the movement of Mrs Jeon and his cousin's girlfriend who walked into the kitchen as he then turned his attention to Jungkook and asked,"she's your girlfriend?"

"She is," he replied and went to the sofa and sat down. Mr Jeon eyed his son in curiosity but ignored it as he knew his son would explain about it to him and Mrs Jeon later. He then joined the two young men who were already sitting in the living room.

As soon as Se Jun sat on the other sofa, "so how are you, my favourite cousin?" Jungkook looked at him in disgust but replied him nonetheless.

"I'm good, you?" He asked as Se Jun just hummed, meaning he was good as well. The awkward silence engulfed them but Se Jun suddenly bursted into laughter.

"Young lady, explain." Mrs Jeon commanded. Min Su took a deep breath before explaining, "Jungkook actually asked me to help him to be his girlfriend." Mrs Jeon gasped in shock.

"For?"

She then continued clarifying to Mrs Jeon, "He said, he made a bet with his cousin. If he doesn't have any girlfriends, he'll think Jungkook is scared of girls. That's what he said at me." Min Su then shrugged and smiled sheepishly at his mother who was glaring at her.

"Oh my god, I really thought you guys are really in a relationship, I actually ship you two."

-

The dinner went not-that-well as Jungkook and Se Jun kept glaring at each other. Se Jun also tried to flirt with Min Su but she was clever enough to ignore him. Jungkook was beside her all the time as they acted like a real couple. They fed each other and kept smiling like they were really in love.

Se Jun cleared his throat and the two looked at him while Jungkook's parents kept eating in silence.

"How long have you known each other?" He asked.

"One month." Jungkook replied.

"Wow okay, isn't it too early to be in a relationship?"

"Why do you care?" Jungkook snapped and Min Su thought that it was her cue to interfere their conversation.

"Baby, calm down." She said, rubbing his arm in comfort.

"Well, Se Jun. Let me tell you. If you love someone, you don't have to take a whole year to know him or her. Destiny is not in our hands to determine. If you decide to marry him or her in a week, so that's our soulmate. We can't say no to that. As in our love story, Jungkook and I knew each other in a month and we are already in relationship because we love each other. So is there any problems, Se Jun?" She stated and Jungkook and his parents looked at her in awe.

"This is the first time you speak the facts." He whispered.

"You are lucky to have this girl beside you," she smirked.

"I am." He said sarcastically.

-

After the dinner ended, Jungkook walked her home but Min Su decided to go to the park.

"But it's late." Jungkook said.

"Who cares." She responded.

"By the way, our acting was so bad and cringy. I got goosebumps." Min Su said in disgust.

"Same. For real, don't you ever call me baby." Jungkook pretended to gag.

"I won't call you baby anymore," she rolled her eyes.

They walked in silence, enjoying the scenery.

"Oh yea, you owe me an explanation, Jeon."

"What expl— Okay," he sighed.

As soon as they reached the park, Min Su ran to the swing and asked Jungkook to push her.

"So—"

"Se Jun and I, our relationship isn't very good. I also don't know why. We just despise each other existences. He always tried to get more attention from my family."

"This is not what I want to share with you but I used to have a brother."

-

 tell me your opinion about this book! your feedback is really appreciated! ❤