Chapter Ten: Double Date Part One

Friday..

Friday had finally came & tonight was the double date night with Blake & Jen, to be completely honest, I'm actually looking forward to it, simply because I get to see John, and I really just need to face the fact that Jen & Blake could become something serious, and I just need to live with that.

John had texted me earlier & told me he would be by to pick me up at around 6. We were all planning to go have a nice dinner & then go to a club after.

Jen still has no clue about me & Blake's past... And she won't. But thinking about it, makes me feels horrible, because what if Blake does the same type of thing to her? Maybe he hasn't changed? You know? I highly doubt he has changed, like I said before, he's the same old Blake.

I had to stop thinking about it because it was making me upset, so I decided to hop in the shower & get ready.

After...

When I was done showering, I dried myself off & put a big t-shirt on. I decided that I wanted to look my best tonight, not for Blake, but for John.

I wore my hair natural, and put on makeup, but I decided to add some red lipstick to the look. It really brought out my carmel skin tone & golden blonde hair.

Not to be weird or anything.. But it's come to my attention that Blake has never dated a girl like me, even when we were in high school. He always went for the white girls who were pure blonde. But I'm the last thing from that, I'm mixed & I have green eyes. I really hate to say this.. But after all, maybe that's the reason it never worked out for us.

I quickly put that thought out of my head and threw on my dress. It was a dark red & it went all the way down to my feet and had a slit right in the middle of my thigh. I threw on a pair of heels & sprayed one of my favorite perfumes, Daisy, by Marc Jacobs.

It was 5:55 and John should be here any minute now. I took one last look in the mirror & grabbed my purse and waited.

John had finally arrived, and when he saw me.. He just looked at me.

"What? Do I have something on my face!?" I said embarrassed.

"No... It's just, you look stunning." He said.

I started to blush.

"Thank you" I said as I smiled shyly.

I then locked up & me and John took off.

At the restaurant...

When we got there, Blake and Jen weren't there yet, so we just decided to grab our table & wait. Shortly after that Blake & Jen arrived.

When they walked in Blake immediately made eye contact with me, and we were just starring at each other, but I broke it because Jen had called my name.

"You look absolutely beautiful!" Jen said.

"Coming from the one who looks like a million dollars. But thanks Jen." I said while smiling.

The waiter had finally come to take our order.

"What can I get for you folks?" He said.

Everyone ordered a water, but I really wasn't a water fan..

"And for you miss?" He said while looking at me.

"I'll take a -"

"A Dr. Pepper." Blake said while cutting me off.

Jen & John looked at us as if something was up.

"I.. I just assumed, because, who doesn't like Dr. Pepper." Blake said nervously.

But that wasn't the reason why, Blake had remembered that, that's what I always ordered whenever we went out. It was my favorite.

I had gone completely silent after that & John had noticed.

"You okay?" He said whispering while rubbing my thigh.

"Yeah.." I said while fake smiling.

After we had eaten it was time to pay, but Blake had said that he would pay for all of it, his treat.

"I have to go use to restroom before we leave." I said while getting up.

"Actually I have to pay at the front, I totally forgot." Blake said to us.

"Okay.. Well, we'll meet you two outside." John said.

I nodded and walked away, knowing completely what Blake was about to do.

After John & Jen had walked outside Blake had walked up to me, but I cut him off before he could say anything.

"Look, I'm not here for any bullshit Blake. I'm here to have a good night, so if you're thinking of starting any crap with me, I suggest you stop right there." I said angrily while crossing my arms.

"Ahhhhh, same old Athena. I hate to break it to you, but I'm actually here to talk about Jen." He said.

".. About?"

"Our past. She can't find out."

"How do you know I haven't told her already?" I said while rolling eyes.

"Come on Athena, when are you going to stop trying to act like such a bad ass, we all know you didn't say a word. You're all talk & no walk."

"I mean, I'll stop when you stop." I said even more angrily.

He just looked at me.

"All I have to say is, you better not think about hurting her. You've hurt enough people, and last of all, keep you're distance from me & we won't have a problem. Okay?!"

"I just love getting a rise out of you." Blake said.

"Well, better luck next time, because you got absolutely nothing out of me." I said while walking away.

"OKAY Athena Brooks.." He said while smiling.

I just continued walking off and rolled my eyes.

I had then gotten in the car with John & headed off to the club.