Chapter 3.

"TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!! It's been two weeks and he hasn't even bothered to send a text saying Hi or something! You know I think it might be my own fault. I think I made myself overly excited on this guy. Simply gave myself false illusions on thinking that he was seriously going to text me." I was ranting to Angie.

"Would you please SHUT UP!!!!!!! You haven't stop talking about him for once and it's really annoying! I understand that he made you happy for one day but just wait! Give him a chance to choose whether he is or isn't going to text you." said Angie stretching her face down with the palms of her hands.

"Oh we'll geez I'm sorry that I don't have a boyfriend to," I was saying when my phone buzzed. It was a strange number, not even from the area.

"Please tell me this is Alexandra Haines."

"Depends on who this is."

"Jared Pierce"

I looked at Angie and said to her as a smile escaped from my lips.

"Speaking of the Devil."

She shrugged and gave me two thumbs up with a big smile.

"Oh then No, it's Alexandra the drunk hooker" I replied.

"LOL, sorry it took me so long to text you I had been out of the country and I don't have international text."

"Oh fancy sounding job. Where do you work?"

"Doesn't matter, how've you been?"

We texted for the rest of the day until late in the night. I don't think I've ever texted with someone for so long!

"How about we hangout tomorrow at the park? Say around 2:30?"

"Seems fine, but I don't have a car to drive there."

"Great! That gives me an excuse to pick you up!"

"Awesomesauce!" I sent him another text with my address.

The next morning I followed Angie around the apartment reading to her the messages as she was getting ready for work.

" Well, he does seem interested in you." she said while putting her hair up in a bun.

"I know!! Isn't he the sweetest thing ever!

"Indeed he is. Just please promise me you are going to be careful, because you know that if something happens to you Jacquelyn will bury my dismantled body in a ditch. Oh, talking about your sister have you talked to her lately?"

I sighed and said "Yeah, I talked to her on Monday. She keeps telling me that I should go home."

Angie raised both eyebrows and said "So, are you going home or nah?"

"I told her that I'm not going back home. I'm tired of her trying to control everything I do and her always breathing down my neck whenever I'm going to make a choice on something. I am absolutely exhausted of that so NO! I am not going back."

"Well, just remember that she is just trying to watch out for you. She promised your mom that she would do everything to take care of you. " She said walking out the door.

I just walked around the house waiting for it to be time to start getting ready. I tried to do things to keep me occupied and stop me from looking at the clock,but it really wasn't working. I ended up sitting in front of the clock and watched it tick. Finally it came the time to start getting ready. I ended up pulling out half of the things out of my bags and throwing them everywhere choosing what to wear. I chose my high waisted shorts and and white lace crop top with my floral print kimono to wear over it all. I took a shower and let my hair air dry since it looks better like that anyways.

At 2:20 I heard a knock at the door and my heart started to flutter. I ran to the door and I opened it.....the mailman, of course!

"Calm down Alexandra, he's probably extremely punctual. It's also fine if he is like, 10 minutes late." I told myself.

That managed to keep me calm until I realized, he just wasn't coming. I managed to keep myself from grabbing my phone and texting him. I went into the living room and turned on the T.V. They were talking about a major bank robbery that had happened a few hours earlier. I didn't feel like watching so I turned it back off and walked to my room.

"I AM JUST NOT MEANT TO BE HAPPY EVER IN MY LIFE! WHY DO YOU NOT LIKE ME ,GOD!?!?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs before plopping on my bed.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~

Here it is! Part three! Please let me know in the comments what you guys think!

R.D