Chapter 6

We ran hand in hand as the men followed right behind us. At a moment like this is when I really wished I was in better physical shape. My calves burned has we ran as fast we could, pushing and shoving people out of our way.

"I thought I told you to go home!" Jared yelled over the sound of our feet hitting the ground. I was huffing and puffing feeling like I was about to pass out. He pulled me down a subway and we ran into a train. As the train started to move I saw out the window as the two men ran after it stopping and looking straight at us as they realised they weren't going to catch us.

"WOULD YOU MIND TELLING ME WHO THE HELL THEY WERE AND WHATS GOING ON!?!?!?!" I Shouted at him scared and confused as I tried to catch my breath.

"I can't tell you anything without getting you more involved than you already are." His cheeks a bright red and sweat running down the side of his face as he breathed heavily. Sitting down and resting his head on his hands, mumbling something to himself.

I felt my self getting more aggravated by the second just watching him sitting there bouncing his leg and not telling me anything. "DAMMIT JARED, TELL ME SOMETHING! Im already involved in your mess, so you might as well tell me why the hell i'm getting chased."

He shot up from his seat and grabbed me by the shoulders and said in a hushed voice, " How about you do me the favour and shut up. Hm? You yell a bit too much and if you haven't realized, I have a broken nose and a migraine. "

My eyebrows knitted together as my mouth popped open in disbelief. " You're telling me to shut up? Really? I honestly believe I deserve an explanation since by the looks of the situation, people aren't looking just for you , but now me as well. So, if YOU don't mind doing ME a favor, tell me whats going on." I said poking his chest with my index finger.

Jared narrowed his eyes at me and tensed his jaw up, " You know, if you would've gone home like I told you to, you wouldn't be in this mess."

I chuckled at him and said " Oh really? You don't think they could have followed me home anyways? Because that seems pretty logical to me. So i'm going to ask one more time and i'm expecting an answer. What is going on?"

Jared sighed and sat back down then patted the empty seat next to him for me to sit down. He rubbed his face and looked at me. I could tell by the look in his eyes he was scared and worried. "I'll tell you, but when we got to my house. I can't take the risk of someone hearing us."

We sat in silence for a good while. So many things raced through my mind trying to at least piece a little of this jumbled up puzzle. Thats when it came to me.

"Ok, at least answer this one simple question. Its a yes or no question. " I said to him putting my hand on his knee.

He looked at my hand than up at me. " Alright. "

"Does this have anything to do with your job?" I said almost in a whisper.

He sighed deeply and grabbed my hand. " Yes and no. It's kind of complicated to be honest."

I just thought and replayed in my head what was going on, still trying to bring together some pieces of the puzzle. The only thing I actually had was that whatever was going on had to do with his job.

-

" Well, welcome to my humble abode." Said Jared as we walked into his house. He looked at me as his grey blue eyes seemed to smile along with his mouth.

A white walled house furnished with what seemed like antique wooden furniture. I wasn't sure of what was so 'humble' about his house. A spiral staircase led to a second floor that wasn't visible from where I was standing.