Chapter 4.

I woke up a few hours later, I hadn't realized I had fallen asleep so I woke up confused and disoriented. I checked my phone and I didn't have any notifications besides an ad for the Victorias Secret semi-annual sale. I walked into the living room and saw that on the floor of the front door there was a piece of paper.

"Open the front door." read the note

So I opened the door and found a bouquet of peach colored roses in a tall crystal vase. In the middle of flowers there was another note that read, "Hope you like the flowers,call me when you get them so I can explain. -JP ". I grabbed the flowers and went inside to call the bastard and see what he wanted. I called once and he didn't answer so I didn't try again. About 2 minutes later he called back.

"Hey, i'm sorry I didn't answer. I was in the shower when I heard my phone ringing." he said sounding out of breath.

"Good for you. So, what do you want?" I said getting aggravated by just hearing his voice.

"Did you like the flowers I left you?"

" No, I hate flowers."

" Please don't be mad, I am so sorry about standing you up like that, Alex. I had to run to the hospital because my Granddaddy had a major heart attack. He was in the bank when it got robbed and he got held as one of the hostages. I know I should've sent you a message telling you but I was just really upset and couldn't think about anything." He said as his voice started to break a little.

"Oh my God! I didn't know! How's he doing?" I said now feeling guilty for having been so rude.

"He's in a delicate state but the doctors said he should be okay."

" Im sorry, I hope he gets well soon."

"Yeah I do too. So, did you really hate the flowers or did you just say that because you were mad?"

" In full honesty I really don't like flowers at all. The only flowers I actually do like are red roses." I said to him walking towards my room.

" Oh really. Why is that so?"

I started to tell him about how they were my moms favorite flowers and how I used to give her a bouquet of red roses every friday after I came home from work.

"That's so sweet. Now I know that if im ever gonna meet your mom that I should give her a bouqet of red roses!" He said trying to be flirty.

" That would be a nice gesture that she would like if she was still alive." I said taking in a deep breath.

"Uh, geez I'm sorry, I , Uh hmm, didn't know that she passed away." He said clearing his throat as if he had choked on his words.

" Oh no, its fine. I had never mentioned it to you. so you had no way of knowing."

We talked on the phone for awhile when he said he better get dressed and head back to the hospital to go check how his grandpa was doing. While I was talking on the phone I hadn't noticed that I had gotten a text from Angie asking me how the date was going. I didnt feel like answering her because I wanted to tell her everything when she got home.

I hadn't ate anything since breakfast so I was extremely hungry, and I didn't want to cook anything so I walked two blocks to Panera. When I got there I looked at the window and to my surprise I saw Jared inside sitting with a girl, with long brunnette hair and tan with light green eyes.

My mouth popped open.

"This little lying ass!" i said out loud as an old lady walked passed me and said, " Excuse your language!" and scolded at me. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. If I should just walk in and surprise his ass or send him a text. I thought about it for awhile and decided to send him a text.

"Hey, if you're free a little later maybe we can grab a bite at Panera!"

I watched and waited to see his reaction when he got the text. He looked down at his phone and grabbed it.

"Great! I'll be out of the hospital in about 30 and i'll meet you there! Sounds good?"

"Awesome!" I answered.

"Alright you douchebag, lets see what you come up this time."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~..~.~.~.~.~

Alright, this is short. Would you guys PLEASE comment telling me what you think. I would REALLY appreciate it.

R.D