O N E

"It's a funny thing coming home. Nothing changes. Everything is the same, feels the same, even smells the same. You realize what's changed is you"

Winter
I woke up and saw Seth next to me. I smiled lightly and rolled out of bed and into my closet. I wore a grey and white dress with a leather jacket that Dallas gave me for my birthday. It was my favorite jacket but when I walked out I saw a disgusted look on Seth's face.

"Morning babe" I smiled and he shrugged it off going back to bed.

I always loved him even though he constantly went out with his other guy friends and barely stayed with me but then again. I talk to Jenna and Sam a lot. So it's whatever.

I left him alone and walked into the living room seeing them talking quietly. I heard my name so I hid.

"You know...I bet you her brothers miss her" Sam said and Jenna nodded slowly.

I walked in and their eyes fell on me.

"Win, you should go home. Leave New York" Jenna said and I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm moving back to Tulsa Jen" I smiled.

"I'm happy for you! We'll miss you!" they said hugging me.

"You're coming with," I said and pulled them to their rooms.

Once we were all packed I grabbed Seth and soon we were on our way to Tulsa.

-
Inside the car Seth was asleep but Jenna and Sam were excited. They were also happy for me.

While I was driving I laced my hands into Seth's but he pulled it away. I also shrugged it off.

"How much further?!" Jenna yelled aloud and I rolled my eyes.

"20 minutes," I said and she smiled.

"Thank God!" she said dramatically. I rolled my eyes in return.

-
Minutes have passed and I was in front of the house I grew up in. I really hope they were still here. If not well then...I made the biggest mistake of my life of leaving my family.

I walked out ignoring Sam, Jenna, and Seth. I even left my bag in the car. I just wanted to know if they were here.

I walked up to the house and froze. What if they hated me? I took a deep breath and knocked. Oh, God.

Dallas
I was sitting on the couch at The Curtis's when we heard a knock. Everyone looked freaked out. Why I don't know but it's not the fuzz. I know that for sure.

"No one got the door?" Darry asked coming out from the kitchen.

We all shrugged.

"Idiots," he muttered and walked over to the door opening it.

I saw her. I saw Winter. Why was she here? Oh, God. I always liked her. I mean who wouldn't? She was beautiful, smart, reckless, funny, and so much more. I also saw she was wearing my leather jacket I gave her. I was smiling. Genuinely smiling.

Johnny poked me lightly and I looked over at him raising a brow.

"Do you know her?" he asked quietly and I nodded.

I got up and ran over to her and hugged her.

"Dallas?!" she asked in shock.

"No, I'm Jim," I said jokingly and she rolled her eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I guess I should leave..." she trailed off and I looked as she left. I saw Sam, Jenna, and...Seth. I always hated him. Why? Well because he always hurt Winter in more ways than one. She just never noticed.

I ran out of the house and grabbed her wrist lightly.

"Dallas let go of me", she said sadly.

I pulled her towards me and hugged her. Seth watched in anger. He always thought she was cheating on him with me but to her, I was just Dallas. Her best guy friend. I wanted to be more.

She started to cry and I raised her head up to face me.

"What's wrong?" I asked and she shook her head walking away.

I let her.

Winter
I got into the car and drove out of the driveway and over to the Dingo. They were probably hungry.

"What happened?" Jenna asked me.

"They forgot about me", I said quietly.

"You were gone for 4 years. You expected them to remember you? The sister who left them? You didn't expect for them to move on? Come on. Even some things end" Seth said sleepily.

I pulled into an empty lot and stopped the car. I opened the door and grabbed my bag walking away. I was going to a place where I used to go to you know...think.

I walked over to the lake and sat on the ground looking at the water. I smiled and said down looking up at the clouds.

Jenna
Winter just walked out. She just walked out! God Seth was getting on my nerves and I wanted just to hit him!

I got out of the car and Sam looked at me confused.

"I'm driving," I said and she nodded.

I started the car and drove back to her home. The one she lived in as a kid. When I got there I didn't even knock. I didn't care.

Sam and Seth followed and the same guy opened the door. I pushed him away and walked in seeing Dallas on the couch. Something was bothering him. I knew it. I also knew he liked Winter. He just didn't want to say it.

"Which one of you idiots are Curtis's?!" I yelled in frustration.

"Why?" the guy who opened the door asked.

"Just tell me!" I snapped.

Soon two of the others stood up. She said she had three.

"Where's the last one?" I asked and the guy who opened the door raised a hand.

"Me"

"Okay, now that's out of the way its time for me to do this..." I trailed off with a smile.

I walked over to each of the three and slapped them. Hard.

"HOW THE HELL DO YOU FORGET WHO YOUR SISTER IS?!" I yelled and they raised a brow. All three of them.

"Uh I'm sorry but you aren't her. We know what she looks like" one of them said and I took the fork that was in some guys hand and threw it.

"Not me you dummies! She was just here! Now because you idiots forgot her Winter ran away! Your sister!" I yelled and they froze.

"I'll get her", one of them said.

"How do you know where she is?" another asked.

"Because it's our secret hiding spot. We go there to think" he said with a smile and walked out.

"Um...who are you", one of them asked.

I facepalmed and shook my head annoyed.

"That's Winter's friends. Jenna and Sam. That is her boyfriend. Seth" Dallas said.

They waved. Oh God ,how this was gonna be irritating.

Haha, this was super long! 1,180 words. Surprising for chapter one. I haven't done that since January. Anyways I hoped you liked this and Stay Gold!
~Lynn💛