Chapter 13. Questions.

Danny's impression of the first wizarding adult to enter his kingdom was one of authority. Stern but fair.

He could work with that.

He was almost 3 millennia old. He could definitely work with that.

“Do you care if I look like a child? Tis is how old I was when I died so it's comfy. I can look older if you would feel more comfortable speaking to a human adult or a ghost child or an adult.”

They were in his study, each with a cup of wine in their hands, sitting on opposite sides of the ghost wood desk.

“I have never been one to shy away from discussing serious matters with children. Merlin knows i've had to do it much too often as of late.

Danny smirked, a pair of white rings appearing at his waist before spreading out from head to toe, transforming him into a 25 or so black haired man.

“I'd rather make you comfortable.” He said, his voice deeper. “Now. Lets play a game. You ask a question and I answer it truthfully and to the best of my ability. Then I ask one and you also answer truthfully and to the best of your abilities. Fair?”

Mcgonagall nodded.

“You are the guest so you may ask first.” Danny sipping, sipping his ghost wine.

“Why did you invite me?”

“Honestly that was mostly out of my hands. I knew you were wanting to hire more teachers and the students trust you. They chose the teacher to bring, if any. I just wanted to speak with them. I received reports that you were attacked at the gates. Obviously I cannot allow that. So, what happened?”

Mcgonagall took a sip of elderberry wine and set down the goblet.

“The current Headmaster of Hogwarts id Dolores Umbridge. She, and by extension,” the ministry, have declared war upon you,, and thus any who come here are traitors.”

“Yet you came anyway.”

Mcgonagall was about to protest that it was her turn before she realized that the King had made a statement, probably on purpose, and if she did protest, she would be viewed as childish. She had learned from interactions with wizards far older than she,” that keeping respect was just as hard as earning it with ancient beings.

“Dolores and a squad of Aurors attacked us at the…” she searched for a word.

“Gate.” Phantom supplied. “It’s called the Gate or Portal.”

“Gate.” Mcgonagall continued. “A few older students along with myself managed to hold them off long enough to get everyone through.  The Weasley twins-”

An amused smile crossed Phantom's face.

“-were the last in. As I turned to flee,” I was shot. I woke up in the carriage.”

“I see. This is cause for alarm if their attacking students, even with a professor with them.” he was silent for a few moments As he contemplated. “Alright. We will deal with this shortly. I'm afraid we will have to cut this meeting short so I only will be able to answer a few more questions for now. Please, ask anything. I am an open book.”

“Why did you go to such drastic measures to obtain Peter Pettigrew, He-who-must-not-be-named and the Horcruxes?”

“Ask Ron to explain the intricacies but Wizards and Ghosts are on different ends of the scale and we could not fight each other. And had I done nothing the Void would have expanded.”

“The Void?”

Phantom waved his hand and the desktop changed to a viewing screen. On Its surface was a crackling,” slowly shrinking void.

“The lines between life and Death are not nearly as wide as you think. But once crossed you cannot return. Not only did he cross the line Voldemort took steps to return.”

He met Mcgonagall's eyes, and she was taken back by just how old they were. He looked like he had seen countless wars and then some.

For all she knew,” he had.

“Last question, for now.” She said, completely ignoring the rules of the game.

Phantom either didn't notice or didn't care.

“How old are you?”

“Are you asking how long I was human or ow long I have been a ghost?”

“Both, If I may.”

“I was 14 when I died.” his form changed to a fourteen year old boy in medieval casual clothes. “That was over a thousand years ago. For humans. I trust Avalon has explained how time works here.”

Mcgonagall nodded and stood to leave.

To her surprise,” the King continued To speak. “I apologize for telling you this but would you mind staying for a few days, your students are coming and I'll need you to help out.”

He stood up and pulled aside a painting to reveal a strange clockwork contraption about the size of a Quaffle,” confusing the professor into silence, something only previously accomplished by a pair of twins and Dumbledore.

He twisted and turned various knobs and levers and pulleys before removing a silver glove and pricking his finger.

A single drop of green blood dripped out and the entire contraption glowed.

“Avalon.  Albion. Fright Knight. Wulf.” He intoned.

The glow ceased before starting up again, this time gold.

My key started to vibrate and glow and I felt a surge of power eminent from it.”

“What did you do?” I asked.

The King turned back to face me.  “Keeping my people safe.” He said. “The war against the Wizards has begun. I'd rather not have innocents hurt.”

A/N.  Hello ghostly wizards. Its me, the narrator.
Ive got some bad news. I dropped my phone, my only connection to the outside world and cracked the everliving shitake​ out of it. It barely works. I had to go to the library to post this.
Thus, I will not be posting any thing until the replacement comes.
Thank you for everyone who voted.  Phantom Song is as of today, Second in #ghostking.
Thank you all. I know its only been a week but this story has taken off.
Id love to hear from you. This is probably the only AN ill post so PM me or comment. Thank you all. If you haven't voted I probably would have put this story up for adoption.
Thanks to everyone.
Long live The Ghost King.