CHAPTER SEVEN

" with our backs to the wall, the darkness will fall, we never quite thought we could lose it all "

"Stupid shucking W.C.K.D, why couldn't they of located somewhere else? Why here in a shucking desert?" Minho grumbled, kicking the sand, almost falling over in the process. I couldn't help but laugh at him. His head quickly turned to me and glared. "What are laughing about, slinthead?" He asked me, his lips tugging up to a smile.

"Nothing," I told him which made his glare harden. I raised my hands up in mock surrender, "nothing, I swear," I told him, trying to contain my laughter.

"Are they always like that?" Scott asked Brenda, who he learned the name of a few minutes ago.

Brenda turned her head and looked at Scott, "yeah, they are always like that. Even if something dangerous is happening, they are always joking around," Brenda told him, looking at Thomas for the thousandth time.

No matter what, she was going to like him, even if he's in love with Newt. It's funny how he doesn't realize that he's in love with his best friend.

"There was a lot more joking around when Newt was with them. Newt is like their mother, he keeps them in check," She told Scott who looked like a kicked puppy.

"What is Newt to St-Thomas?" Scott asked, fixing his mistake.

He kept glancing at Thomas who was shoving Minho. Minho got off of the ground and shoved Thomas. Jorge yelled at them to stop fooling around, but they didn't listen.

"Newt is his best friend, they are like brothers. Minho too. The three of them is technically joined to the hips. They do everything together," Brenda explained to Scott, glancing at her surroundings. She has no good memories here, none of them did.

"How - how long have they known each other?" Scott asked her yet, another question.

"Three years," Brenda told him, fixing the strap on her bag. "They were in the glade together. The three of them survived together since the moment Thomas showed up. I wasn't there, of course, but Thomas and Minho always talked about their experiences especially since I am a trusted friend," she explained with a small smile, thinking about their friendship.

"How long have you known them?" Scott asked. He really wanted to know why Stiles trusted these people more than him, he was his best friend, after all.

"Two years," She answered. "They happened to wonder into mine and Jorge's place." She told him, giving him a questioning look. She wanted to know why he was asking her so many questions about Thomas. "Your getting information out of me, aren't you?" She asked him, making Scott look away with a sheepish smile.

"No, I actually wanted to–" Scott started but got cut off when Thomas and Minho shushed him. He gave them a questioning look but it quickly washed away when he heard a strange noise. It kinda sounded like a screech but also a gurgling noise. "What is–" he was gonna question them about it but was cut off by Thomas.

"Shut up," I hissed lowly, not wanting to gain attention to us. But that didn't work because the things that we were hiding from, spotted us.

"Run!" Minho and I yelled, running ahead from everybody. The pack looked back and their eyes widened, looking at these people looking things that were no longer people. They had black stuff coming from their mouths, and had black veins running all over their bodies.

"What the hell are those things?" Lydia yelled out, catching up to everyone, who were still running. She picked up her pace when Scott grabbed her hand.

Lydia was the only supernatural creature there that didn't have enhanced speed. She was the slowest out of the bunch.

"Hurry up!" I yelled out to them. They seriously need to learn to shut up when it came to things like this.

I was running until something came barreling into me, making me topple over, landing on my back. I looked up and noticed that one of those things was on top of me. I yelled out to Minho while kicking and punching the thing off of me.

"I got you," Minho yelled, hitting the thing with a shovel that he found laying around. He grabbed my hand, lifting me up and pushing me forwards because there were more of those things running towards us.

One of those things popped out of nowhere, and Kira got out a sword, slashing it around like she was a professional. The thing came running at her which made her cut off it's head. She looked up with wide innocent eyes. "Oops," She said and that was when we heard the others behind us, making us run like our lives depended on it -- which it did.

We all ran with whatever adrenaline we had, making our way to where there was a lot of rocks. I looked at Minho and nodded and he smiled at that. I noticed that there was a rock that was really smooth, it reminded me of a slide.

"When I say slide, you slide down the rocks," I yelled to the others, leading us towards the smooth rock. Once we got close enough I yelled, "Slide!" And we all slid down it, landing with a small thud.

We got up and ran again, hiding behind a huge bolder. We leaned against it, trying to catch our breathes and listening to our surroundings.

I listened closely and heard nothing except those of us who were breathing heavily.

"What the hell was those things!?" Scott asked in a panic tone, looking around with wide eyes. Scott and the others have never seen anything like those things.

I looked at Minho, Brenda and Jorge. We looked at the pack and said, at the same time, "Cranks."