"You don't understand"

AU where Sherlock tells John he's alive but Mary isn't in the picture.

---------------------------------

Sherlock walks into the restaurant and stops as he sees John, sitting at a table drinking a glass of wine. His nerves start taking over as he sees John for the first time in 2 years. Will he accept me back into his life? How will he react? All these questions swirl through Sherlock's head. He suddenly sees a mustache above John's lips and a disgusted expression works its way onto Sherlock's face.

"Well that definitely has to go." Sherlock thought.

Sherlock makes his way over to John's table, disguising himself as a waiter along the way for a comical arrival. That resulted with a punch to the face and a very angered John rushing out of the restaurant.

Sherlock gets up from the restaurant floor, brushes off his clothes, and walks out of the building, ignoring the staring faces of the people wondering what on Earth had happened.

With Mycroft's help, Sherlock finds John's new apartment and knocks on the door. John cracks the door open and begins to close it upon seeing Sherlock's face. Sherlock places his hand on the door, forcing it open.

"John. Please. Let me explain." Sherlock pleads.

"Fine." John says opening the door for Sherlock to step in.

"Can you give me a minute." John says before Sherlock can speak. He walks into his bedroom, not waiting for Sherlock's response and closes the door. Sherlock hears an aggravated yell and a loud thud. Sherlock opens the door to see a dent in the wall and John staring at his bleeding knuckles.

"Your hand" Sherlock states, stepping into the room.

"Your face" John whispers.

"It's okay."

"No! It's not okay!! None of this is okay!" John says, his voice starting to rise. "Why! Why Sherlock! Why did you do this?!"

Sherlock flinches, hating to see John like this.

"I had to.."

"WHY DID YOU HAVE TO?! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO FAKE YOUR DEATH?!" John yells.

"You don't understand!"

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND? WHY? BECAUSE YOU'RE THE BRILLIANT SHERLOCK HOLMES??" DON'T GIVE ME THIS BULLSHIT!!" John says, shaking with anger.

"BECAUSE HE KNEW! OKAY? MORIARTY KNEW THAT I LOVE YOU AND HE WAS GOING TO KILL YOU IF I DIDN'T JUMP!" Sherlock practically screams as slow tears start to roll down his face. He looks down at the floor trying to steady his breathing.

There was silence and Sherlock forces himself to look up at John.

"John I-" Sherlock is interrupted as he is pushed against the wall as John attaches his lips to Sherlock's. Sherlock lets out a muffled noise in shock. His eyes are wide open, not sure what to do.

John was kissing him. John Watson was kissing him.

Sherlock's mind is working at a rapid pace as he tries to control his heart rate that is practically beating through his chest.

John pulls away and looks up at Sherlock, still having an aggressive expression but the anger in his eyes is replaced with something else. Something Sherlock couldn't deduce no matter how hard he tried.

"Jo-John. I.. um.. I" Sherlock tries to form complete sentences but he can barely think let alone speak.

John lets out a soft chuckle, looking at the floor and shaking his head. He looks back up at Sherlock.

Sherlock leans down and places a hesitant kiss on John's lips. Not sure how or what to do. John takes more control as he goes on his tiptoes, wrapping his hands around Sherlock's neck. After a while, both pull away because humans do unfortunately have to breathe.

They look into each other's eyes, neither speaking.

"Well the mustache has to go"