I like you

Age : 13

- M I K E -

It's been two weeks since the snowball.
Since El isn't aloud to be outside yet she sneaks me into the cabin while Hopper is at work.
Every second I'm around her I'm nothing but happy. I know El and Nancy have talked on the phone a few times, El told me that Nancy told her about relationships, love, everything like that.
So today is the day that I will confess to El my feelings for her...
Hopefully this won't go too terribly.
Dustin, Will, Lucas and Max gave me a huge pep talk.
Max and Lucas started dating the night of the snowball. So apparently that means they're " completely qualified and know everything about relationships "
Yeah okay.
But I have to say they really were good emotional support. All of them were. God am I lucky to have such amazing friends. That doesn't mean they don't piss me odd sometimes but that's besides the point.

- ELEVEN -

I was already standing by the door with the locks unlocked when I heard our secret knock.
3 knocks
5 knocks
3 knocks
I pulled the door open and smiled really wide when I saw Mike standing there with a silly side grin.
" Hey El.. " He said and walked inside.
" Hi Mike " I replied and he pulled me into a hug.
I hugged back and took in his smell. It's weirdly comforting. I like it.
" I missed you " He said quietly.
" I missed you too " we broke the hug. " So did I miss anything? " I continued.
" Not much. Lucas and Max have been totally all over each other " He said and laughed a little " Dustin and Will are good. Still haven't had any luck with girls " He shrugged and paused again " Nothing really interesting with me. " He finished. I nodded a little after every sentence, showing that I was listening.
" Oh okay. Well I'm happy that Lucas and Max are happy. " I said, smiling a little.
We sat on the couch.
" Yeah, me too.  " He replied and looked down.
I bit my lip, unsure of what to say now.
I just looked at him, silence overcoming us as he looked back.
He's just so...pretty. From his hair, to his eyes, his freckles, the way he smells, the way he talks, his presence. He's just so pretty.
The silence continued on and his goofy side smile appeared again. Pretty.
The way he waited. He never gave up on me when everyone else did. The way he'd talk to me every night even though he'd never get a response. So damn pretty.
The way he smiled when he saw me again.
How he cares. He listens.
The way he danced with me even though we both didn't know what we were doing. The way he's so happy to have me back.
Mike Wheeler is so pretty.
This is the type of silence I love. The calming kind, the type of silence that lets you feel free.
I smiled at him and he intertwined his fingers with mine.

- M I K E -

I intertwined her fingers with mine.
The feeling returned. The feeling of butterflies in my stomach, a little lightheaded, my face warm.
I have to tell her now. It's the perfect moment.
" El...? "
" Yes Mike? " She replied softly. Goddamn she is the prettiest thing in the world.
From her soft curls to her soft gaze and smile, pretty. From her soft features to her soft heart, pretty.
" I like you..." I almost murmured.
My heart sunk when she didn't reply.
There was a pause. Probably at most ten seconds but it felt like ten years to me.
" I like you too Mike... " She almost whispered back. I met her gaze and saw that pretty soft smile again.
This has to be the best day of my life.
" I know that you still can't be out so we can't go on dates but I just have to know, El will you be my girlfriend? " I asked, more confident now.
She nodded and her face started to turn a light shade of red.
I smiled and she started leaning in closer.
I leaned in too and our lips connected, my hand moving to her cheek, we shared a kiss longer than the last three ( yes bitches, three )
Nothing too crazy but it still sent chills up and down my spine.
We pulled away and I could feel my face heating up, she was blushing even more now.
" So pretty " I thought out loud, not realizing until El replied with " So are you " and a small smile.
I pulled her into a hug again, taking in her smell, eggos and a soft flowery perfume, noticing the smell of her hair, like strawberries, she must be using new shampoo or something.
If one year ago today I knew that this is where I'd be in life now, things would've been a lot different for me.
It's probably better I didn't know though.
Yes, the 353 days I spent without her were pretty much never-ending sadness but now, having her back, and safe, I'm the happiest I've ever been.
It was all worth it. I get to have the girl I-
I like... no.
I get to have the girl I love in my arms now.
And it's so damn sweet.
" I'm so happy Mike. " She said quietly into my ear. " Me too " I said and pulled away a little bit to kiss her forehead, still not letting go, she quickly tightened the hug.

- time skip to a little later on in the day -

- ELEVEN -

I watched with a smile as Mike walked back to the couch, now a plateful of eggos in his hand.
He took the remote and started switching through channels.
" I figured since we can't have a date outside, we'll have one here. " He explained with his side grin plastered on his face.
Damn.
" Thanks "
" For what? "
" Everything " I answered.
" It's nothing, really. "
" Just accept my thanks frogface! " I said jokingly.
" Hey! I'm your frogface now! " Mike replied and looked over at me and we both burst out in laughter.
Everything about this is so perfect.
When I finally managed to catch my breath, I grabbed an eggo and bit in as Mike finally settled on a movie for us to watch.
" I think you'll really like this " Mike said as it started.
As the movie went on, I wasn't focusing on it, I was focusing on him. The way his eyes lit up at certain scenes. The way his lips parted slightly when he payed close attention, how he moved forward when his favorite parts came on.
How did I get so lucky?
" Mike... " I said quietly
" Hm? " He asked, his eyes still on the Tv
I smiled a little and kissed his cheek, " nothing"
I noticed him blush a little and smiled a little more.
A little while later I was more invested in the movie.
He was right, I love it.

- M I K E -

I looked over and noticed how interested in the movie El had become. Earlier I had seen her staring at me in my side view.
I wonder why...I mean there's not much to look at.
But with her. Wow. Just wow.
I've never seen someone as beautiful as her, I never will.
A piece of hair fell over her face, I couldn't even tell if she had noticed though. She was so focused, smiling at certain scenes, gasping at others.
I smiled as I watched her.
She looked over at me and smiled a little, I took the opportunity and put my hand on her cheek, leaning in and kissing her.
She tilted her head a little and deepened the kiss, wrapping her arms around my neck.
Is this what heaven feels like?
We broke the kiss, leaving me feeling like I was floating.
" Woah..." El said, breathless.
I really really really like her...

~

~

~

The beginning of mileven :D
I hope that you guys liked this ❤️❤️