Chapter Five

"Pitiful! Just pitiful!" Professor Harlow (aka the Evil Queen) exclaims. "We have a match against Fireburn Academy in two weeks, and barley any of you can win a duel against a dummy!"

     "So does this mean you'll quit and let Professor Blackbeard take over?" Gilly asks hopefully.

     "As much as I would like to," Professor Harlow says "I can't! I have to keep an eye on you, miss Gillian. Now go practice! Or your next duel will be against me. And I won't go easy on you."

     I walk away when I see two people come up to me.

     "Go get Gilly and tell her we want duel her," the smallest says.

     "Why should I listen to you?" I ask.

     "Because," the girl says and takes off her helmet. "I'm apart of his squad just like you. Mr. Stilskin wanted me to tell you that he didn't meet with you because he needs someone to spy on my sister and her friends."

     "I'm can easily do that," I say.

     "Good, now go tell my sister me and Gretel want to duel. Just don't tell her who we are!"

     I walk towards Gilly and hit her in the shoulder with the blade of my sword.

     "Ow!" She exclaims "just because these swords are enchanted doesn't mean they still don't hurt! And if your here for a duel it's not happening."

     I roll my eyes. "I don't want duel you, they do." I turn her around and point to Anna and Gretel.

     Gilly walks towards them as Jocelyn stands right next to me.

     "What's going on?" She asks.

     "Those two want to duel, Gilly," I explain.

     "This should be interesting," Jocelyn says as the two girls fall to the ground. The tallest one, Gretel limps away.

     Gilly walks up to Anna and goes to pull off her mask. Anna grabs Gilly's ankle and brings her to the ground. She gets up and so does Gilly. Their swords clash together. Gilly pushes Anna into a closet full of armor and puts her sword under her chin.

     "Looks like I win," Gilly says.

     Anna kicks the door almost hitting Gilly in the face and she falls back. Anna puts her sword under Gilly's chin.

     "Looks like I win."

     "Good one, Cobbler! A girl says.

     "Anna?" Gilly asks breathless.

     "In the flesh," Anna says and removes her mask.

     I walk over to Anna as Gretel joins us. Gilly gets up.

     "That was amazing!" I say smiling.

     "Thanks," Anna says as Professor Harlow walks over.

     "You would be perfect for the team!" She coos.

     "Thanks!" Anna says "at least I can actully beat someone unlike my sister."

     "I like this Cobbler!" Jocelyn says.

     Gretel, Anna, and I practice together as Gilly walks of to her dummy.