Chapter Eight

The hall is completely empty as we walk down it. A new hall pops up and we go through it and land in front of the Wand Training class. Two new halls pop up in front of us.

     "We've been down this hallway three times!" Ollie groans.

     Jax takes a torch off the wall and peers down a dark hall. "Let's go down this way."

     "That's the Observatory, prince," Jocelyn says. "Can we do this my way?" She blows on her hand and a trail of purple smog lays on the ground into a new hall.

     I enter the hall when I hear Wilson, Gilly's mouse, squeak like mad.

     "Don't go down that hall! It's a trap!" Gilly warns.

     I look up and see the ceiling open to a row of daggers. Me, Jocelyn, Jax, Maxine, and Hayley run out of the hallway. Ollie runs when a dagger falls. Maxine and Gilly scream. The dagger pins Ollie's coat to the ground and he wiggles out of it. Jocelyn makes it dissappear with a flick of her wrist.

     "How did you know it was a trap?" Jax asks.

     "Wilson told me," Gilly replied then she looks at me. "Did you know about this?"

     "Why are you always blaming me for stuff?" I ask defensively. "Besides, it's not my fault Anna's in Stiltskin's group."

     Hayley pulls me back. "Ok, let's all calm down."

     "So what? Your blaming me for all of this?" Gilly asks.

     "None of this would have happened if you would have just gone home when you had the chance," I fire "Anna wouldn't be hanging out with those candy thieves."

     "Thanks to me staying here my family had better clothes," Gilly says.

     "Is that all you care about? How wealthy your family is?" I ask in disbelief. "Some hero you are. I'm going to find his office myself."

     I walk off down a new hallway. I hear the others cling my name but I keep walking foward.

     Who does Gilly think she is? She can't just blame me for everything. I mean, hello, it wasn't my fault she was born a prat.

     I feel squirming in my sweater pocket and Yetti sticks her head out and squeaks.

     "Yeah. I'm fine," I say.

     I jump through a new hallway and end up in the foyer where Stiltskin's office is. Perfect. One thing I know is that he has a protection charm on his door. I see Gilly and the others appear in the foyer and I roll my eyes.

     Jocelyn produces a fire ball. "Watch out. I got this."

     "Wait!" I say a little too late. She throws the fire ball knocking us backwards. "His door has a protection charm on it."

     Hayley lays on her bck and stares at the ceiling. "There must be a key somewhere near by."

     "Fish face, do you think he actully uses keys? He has a wand!" Jocelyn says.

     "That was rude!" Maxine says "apologize."

     "Guys?" Ollie says as they continue to argue. "Look!" He holds up a pair of skeleton keys. "A pirate's best friend."

     We enter the room. My eyes adjust to the darkness in the room. There's a fireplace a blaze, he's chair tucked under his desk.

     "Neat freak," Jax mutters.

     "There must be something here," Gilly says.

     "Guy travels light," Jocelyn said.

     Ollie stomps around and stops on a part. And stomps again and the floor board echoes. Jax and Gilly roll the oriental red rug back and reveals a trap door. Yetti climbs out of my pocket and downy arm. She watches as Wilson unlocks the door.

     "Drop me in," Ollie says shimming down the small hole. Yetti and Wilson follow after him.

     "See anything?" Gilly asks.

     "There a jar down here with beans," Ollie reports.

     "Bring it up," Jax says.

     Eeeeeeeeeeee!

     We gear a high pitched whistle and cover our ears. Gilly catches the clock that was vibrating violently.

     "Your time is up. . ." It says. "Pay up or pay the price. Pay up or pay the price. . ."

     Bam!

     The door flys open and Gilly falls on her butt. Standing at the doorway is Anna, Gretel and Hansel with Stiltskin. When Stiltskin sees the open trap door and clock in Gilly's hands his skin turns almost violet.

     "Seize them!" He yells and waves his wand above us.

     "No!" Anna shouts as we get sucked into a vortex.

     I barley let out a scream as I hit icy cold waters.