Chapter Seven

After getting dressed into my new uniform I hold my hand out for Yetti to crawl in and carefully put her in my sparkly purple sweater that's apart of the uniform. I open the door and quietly closed it behind me. It was eight am and I couldn't go back to sleep.

     I started walking down the hall when someone bumped into me.

     "Sorry," the girl says I look at her and see its that Hailey girl from my Magical Pets class.

     "It's fine," I say shrugging "it wasn't entirely your fault."

     "Your Zaile, right?" Hailey asks.

     "Yup," I reply.

     "Huh, I'm suprised your not Stiltskin's squad," Hailey says.

     "Why do people keep saying that?" I ask irritated.

     Hailey shrugs. I'm heading towards the Magical Pets class to feed Golden, wanna come?"

     "Sure, why not."

     I follow Hailey to the Magical Pets class. She grabs some unicorn food and opens the window. Golden comes to the window and Hailey feeds her. After Hailey's done she puts the food back and closes the window and motions me to follow her. By the time everyone's up its ten o' clock. How did we spend two hours walking through the halls?

     We see Gilly and her group reusing to take bags from Gretel and Hansel. That group never learns, do they? Me and Hailey hurry over to them.

     "We'll make them take the bags," Hailey said "you guys should go help Anna out at the gum drop machine."

     I peek inside and see an overwhelmed Anna watching as kids throw punches and magic because the machine broke down. Immature.

     Hansel and Gretel rush over to help Anna.

     "Don't you guys know to take the candy from them?" I ask.

     "Why?" Gilly asks crossing her arms across her chest. "It's just going to brainwash us to making us think he's amazing."

     "And when no one is looking," I continue glaring at Gilly "you dump it out."

     "Told you we could trust her," I hear Jocelyn whisper to Gilly.

     Gilly rolls her eyes. "How do we know she's not trying to get information from us to give to Stiltskin?"

     "Because, I refused to be in his squad when he asked," I lie.

     They seem convinced. That's good.

     "Hm," Kayla hums. "Guess we can trust her after all."

     "As long as she doesn't betray us she's fine," Gilly says.

     We enter the giant room. It's like a candy land in here! The floor is purple, the huge chandiler hanging in the middle of it all looks like a candy cane with licorice dripping down from it, and there are tables with mixing bowls and other stuff. This is cool.

     I look towards Anna and Gretel and they nod slightly. Trumpets sound and Stiltskin rides in on top of a horse. Flashy.

     "Hello my students!" He says cheerfully. "Today as you know I'd the bake off."

     Students cheer and clap.

     "Excuse me, sir," Siri's voice rings in. "There here."

     Stiltskin quickly climbs into his throne like chair with help from his squad and lays back lazily. "Let them in."

     Everyone quickly runs to their rugs and sits down. The doors open and the Snow, Cinderella, and Rapunzel come in each in gowns beautiful then the other. They greet the teachers and make their way to Stiltskin. I hear a squeak and Yetti pokes her head out of my sweater pocket.

     I see Wilson, Gilly's mouse, plop a small clear bean on the ground. Jax picks it up.

     "Where did you get a magic bean from?" I ask.

     "Magic bean?" The others repeat a little to loud. The other kids nearby sush us.

     "It came from Anna's butterfly clip," Gilly explains.

     "What is she doing with a magic bean?" Kayla asks.

     "I don't know," Gilly says.

     We hear Hansel whistle quietly and Stiltskin looks up from what he's doing and nods slightly.

     "We should follow them," Ollie says.

     "What if Anna catches us?" Gilly asks.

     "Since when has Anna stopped you from doing something, Cobbler?" Jocelyn asks.

     "I guess your right," Gilly sighs "Let's follow them."

     "I'll help," Hailey says and after a few seconds Gilly nods.

     "I'll  ditract them," Kayla says and her wings pop out as she flys over to Stiltskin.

     She points at him. "This man is a liar!" She exclaims "he stole my family and won't tell me where they are!"

     We slowly make our way to the door.

     "He trapped my mom and sisters in trees and wont tell me where they are!" Kayla continues.

     "This child is obviously ill," Stiltskin says "someone take her to the infirmary."

     "I'm not sick!" Kayla says as two RS squad members near her. Tears stream down her face.

     She may be making a distraction but her pain is real. I can still hear Stiltskin yelling orders as we slip down the hall.