The Tale of a Sleeping Beauty Part 1

Once upon a time there was a town in Norad. The town's name was Selphia. Selphia was a growing town with a lot of happy travelers visiting it daily. The town was filled with happy townspeople who went about their daily lives as best as they possibly could.

There were many beautiful things to see in Selphia. There were it's expansive Meadows filled with bright flowers, it's crystal clear Dragon Lake, it's grand castle.....but there was nothing and no one quite as beautiful as the person that lived in the castle.

....No, not Volcanon. No, not Clorica. Not Vishnal either(Though you have to admit, he is a very pretty boy). I'm talking about Selphia's princess, Princess Frey!

In Selphia's castle lived the beautiful Princess Frey. Visitors from all over the kingdom would come to the town and return home with their eyes dazzled after having seen her welcoming smile. Her long mint locks and bright eyes stayed in their minds for days after she was gone from their sight.

She was much beloved by the townspeople, but not just for her beauty, no, for comeliness was far from her only virtue. She was diligent. Underneath her snow white gloves were calluses, grown by hard work in the fields with hoes, axes, and mallets. She was strong and brave. Though her small frame wouldn't suggest it, she was one of the town's greatest warriors. She tamed many beasts that once threatened the town and defeated even more. And last but not least she was dedicated to Selphia's people. There was no place she loved more than Selphia and no people she loved more than its people. And they loved her too. She worked daily to attend to the town's every need and in return, the people gave her their adoration.

As one would expect, the Princess's virtues attracted a great many suitors to her, one of which, would be a source of great misfortune to her.

It was a bright day in spring when misfortune struck. The trees in Selphia were in full bloom and there were many visitors drawn to the town coming through its front gates. Of these visitors was a mysterious man in a dark cloak. As he entered with the crowd he listened to the chatter of those around him.

"Oh wow Selphia is so beautiful this time of year!"

"I can't wait to hit up the lake!"

"I hear that the bathhouse here is heavenly!"

"Have you heard about the town's princess? I heard she's a total babe!"

That perked the mystery man's interest. He drew closer to the two young men who were chatting.

"Yeah! Long green hair, green eyes, quite the looker!I heard from one of my friends who visited here last summer and apparently she ran around in a bikini the whole time he was there! Wooh! Talk about hot!"

"Do you think we'll get lucky and catch her in one while we're here?" he said with a cheeky grin.

The mysterious man was curious now. This was not the first time that he had heard word of the town's princess. He wondered if she was really as beautiful as she was rumoured to be. With some thought, he resolved to find out for himself.

He passed through the gates and entered Town Square. He stood at its center for a moment and gazed upon the Selphia Castle. According to what he read about this town, Selphia Castle had once housed the mighty Native Dragon Ventuswill. It was once possible for visitors to enter her chambers and offer her tribute in exchange for guidance.

The man entered through the castle's front door and was greeted with an empty throne room.

'Oh right,' he thought, 'The dragon Ventuswill has passed from this world.'