•2•

The days after Draco's 'incdent' went just like they normally did. Draco attended all of his scheduled classes, picked on Potter and his gang, and had a full gallon of water. He was slowly settling back into the bland routine that he drilled into his own brain, knowing that it would prove useful in the end. After all, knowing what you have to do, where everyone has to be, and when they have to be there would possibly tie into future events. At the moment, Draco was in his respected class, and that class just happened to be potions, his second class, and in his personal opinion, most important class on his schedule. Of course, it just hadn't really been the same for a few weeks, seeing as his Godfather hadn't been there to teach since the day of his breakdown by the lake. This was deeply troubling the Slytherin prince, it just wasn't like Severus to be away for this long. Of course, his classmates did not feel the same. To his distaste, they actually seemed to be celebrating this.

From across the room, Draco could hear a few mocking tones, mostly about how bratty the Slytherins were.

How ironic coming from a group of Gryffindors He thought to himself bitterly, a small flash of rage burning in his gut. He gently dug his nails into his soft palms, swallowing down his emotions and clearing his mind. He couldn't afford to lose his temper at a time like this. The house cup champions were to be announced in a few weeks, meaning that teachers were searching for any excuses to take away or reward house points. Slytherins were mostly punished for any slip ups during this time, and with Severus gone, it was bound to happen even more than usual.

A sudden silence throughout the room is what snapped Draco back into reality. A soft yet familiar scent began to waft throughout the room, bringing back memories of visits from the ministry. Draco didn't even have to turn around to figure out who had entered the room, after all, the old coot wasn't hard to misplace.

"Good Afternoon, Headmaster Dumbledore!" Came an awfully chipper voice. A voice that Draco has had to put up with for what felt like an eternity. He let his silver eyes roll, landing on the familiar dark hair of his 'sworn enemy'.
Harry James Potter. The golden boy. The teacher's pet. Saviour of the wizarding world! But most importantly, a pain in Draco's ass. He allowed a soft groan to escape him, looking back at the board. Their substitute still hasn't shown up. Honestly, Draco wasn't surprised by this. With all the dangerous professors Dumbledore has hired throughout the past few years, it was sort of expected to get a few sloppy ones here and there.

A small chuckle could be heard from Dumbledore, and Draco could basically feel the twinkle in his eyes. "Likewise. Mister Potter. Now, forgive my sudden appearance, but I would like to have a word with M- Draco."
He blinked a few times in slight surprise of hearing his first name. It almost ruled out the offense of the Headmaster almost calling him 'Malfoy'.

A few hushed 'ooooh's could be heard from everywhere, causing Draco to wonder on whether he was actually seated with his grade level. He rose gracefully from his seat, checking his posture before making his way to Dumbledick- uh, I mean- Dumbledore.
He wasn't sure what was going to happen, but the look in Dumbledore's eyes told him that it wasn't going to be something good.

Ah yes, another update since who knows how long. I said it would be shorter, and I didn't lie. Look, I'm sorry for not writing as much, but honestly, I'm sort of bad at keeping to schedules and shit. I hope this chapter was good enough