Chapter 53

"If you think he is cute now you should have seen him as a baby." Sarafine was saying as she ate. She had been here about an hour and we had spent the entire hour talking about what Grey was like a child, making messes and causing ruckus. 

   "Oh no, I hope our baby has my looks then babe." I smirked looking at Grey who was sighing and staring at his food.

   "But god forbid it have your temper." he replied, flashing me a grin. I beamed, looking back at his mother. 

   "im so excited for you to have your baby, I had always wanted grandchildren." She gave a sweet smile, turnign towards me. "Have we any names yet?" 

   I nodded and looked at Grey. "Mari is hoping for a girl but I'm leaning more towards a boy." He said and winked at me, having to choose the opposing side. "Hunter, Adyn, or Dean if its a boy.."

   "Geneva, Aphrodite, or Lilly if its a girl." I finished, causing Sarafine to grin.

   "I love the greek godess theme you have going, that would be cute to have a theme." I saw Grey grin out of the corner of my eye before he began laughing.

   "Told you Mari." he said and I rolled my eyes. Sarafine gave us a confused look before I explained that Grey wanted to name our baby Black, going with a theme of colors.  She shot down the idea pretty swiftly. 

   We finished up dinner, but never left the tabe, sitting around and talking about everything from Michael, to the company. Grey had explained the whole Michael situation since it had gotten to the press and she had heard about it but assumed it was nothing since the press was known to spread lies. We explained that he was in jail and there was no need for alarm. 

   After that conversation Grey excused himself to take the plates to the kitchen. I offered to do it but he insisted, saying there was no need for me to move. Sarafine smiled at me once he left the room. "Im so glad to see him so happy. After his last breakup with a serious girlfriend I thought he was never going to recover." She said and I frowned. Grey had never mentioned any serious last girlfriend.

   "What last girlfriend? Grey talked about the company and not dating after that so he could focus on teh company." I recalled the conversation we had just earlier today. I knew Grey was going to date other girls before me, he had just never mentioned being serious about any of them so I assumed they had all been nothing. He knew about Michael and Ryan, they were my only two exes that I was in actual relationships with. 

     "Oh no dear, this was far before he took over the company. He was about your age when they began dating. Dakota, her name was, really pretty thing, just a year under him." As she spoke Dakota flashed through my mind. I remember hearing about her at the first family dinner I attended with Grey. Sadie had brought her up. 

    "Dakota, I have a friend named Dakota." I said, hoping to god they werent the same person. Dakota had talked about seeing Grey when he was a teenager and then Grey acted as if he was remeeting her.

   "Im sure they arent related. Dakota was just a year under Greyson, she was an odd one. Grey always had a thing for the odd ones, until you. She was very pretty however, really short with blonde hair that she eventually cut into a pixie cut.  That was like four years ago, but it hurt him after things ended, he never really did tell me why." I brushed off the comments, knowing that Dakota couldnt be the same person. The Dakota I knew had bright Red hair and green eyes, she wasnt blonde and she was still in college, in my grade actually.

    "I know the feeling, some things down always work out." I said sheepishly, referring to Miachel and our whole recent situation.

   "Oh god, of course you do." Sarafine looked shocked, like she thought she might have offended me.