Chapter 9

We were driving down the road, neither of us saying a word. This was supposed to be professional, strictly business. I glanced over at him and then back out the window.

    "I should probably tell you before we get to the restaurant, the press have been relentless these last couple of days. I have always been private but now that you have gone public they are trying to get me back in the light, so if we get spotted tonight go with whatever I do. Got it?" He asked and I nodded, not looking over at him.

    "I am sorry though, about that. And thank you so much for playing along."

    "Don't thank me thank my mother. If I had it my way this would be off the internet by now." He said and I sighed and nodded. This was a business deal, I had to keep that in mind.

   "So what about me job?" I asked and he raised an eyebrow, glancing over at me.

   "Well, I can't very well fire you because we 'broke up', so you'll keep your job and things will continue as they are but this won't happen again got it?" He said, his voice flat and uninterested, he wanted to fire me I could tell but his legal team wouldn't allow it.

    "Okay, on Monday we break up." I said and he nodded.

    We got to the restaurant and he pulled up to valet. Grey got out and opened my door for me, and I smiled as I stepped out of the car. This place was fancy, I should have wore the red dress.

    I could see the stares as I let my hands fall to my sides and looked at Grey. He was smiling as he headed into the restaurant. Noticing me at his side and all the other eyes on us he grabbed my arm and looped it through his so it was obvious we were together.

    "Reservations for Thomas." Grey said when we got to the hostess stand. The hostess was absolutely beautiful, I could see her eyes trailing up and down Grey then moving to me, looking unimpressed.

"Of course." She smiled politely anyways and grabbed menus before leading us to a table tucked away in the corner. The restaurant was really busy, it was going to be easy to slip in conversation between everyone else's chatter we would go almost unnoticed.

I slid into the booth and Grey took a seat on the other side of the booth facing me. "Your server will be over shortly." She said and smiled before waltzing away.

"She was nice." I said and Grey nodded once.

"She gets paid to be nice." He said before looking at the menu. I glared at him. Not liking his attitude. Something about him changed over night, he became curt and rude and I didn't like it. I didn't care if we were fake dating he wasn't going to be rude around me.

"Drop the attitude." I fired at him. It took him a second to register what I said before he put the menu down and frowned looking up at me.

"What attitude?" He snapped back, his voice sharp.

"That attitude. I don't care who you are or how much money you have. Maybe that's why your so alone. It's not because your rich it's because you have no personality." I shot back at him leaning in and making sure my voice wasn't to loud so no one could hear us. He glared harder leaning in as well.

"It's your fault I'm in this situation. You should be lucky I'm playing along." He napped back at me and I felt something pang in my chest.

I knew this was all my fault. I knew he didn't like me, at this rate I didn't want him to like me. But I wasn't going to put up with this, I wasn't leaving an actually real relationship, as terrible as it was, to be in a fake terrible relationship. My eyes narrowed into slits as he glared back at me.