Chapter Four

Chapter Four Popcorn

Once Calum and I arrive at his house, I send my mother a short text message to let her know that I'll be next door with Calum for a few hours doing homework. She just reply's with "K", really mom?

"Do you want anything to drink?"

"Um, sure. What do you have?"

"We have water, different sodas, and tea," Calum says. "What would you like?"

"I'll just take a water," I smile, he then reaches into the refrigerator and hands me a bottle of ice cold water. I grab the bottle from him and mumble a quiet, "Thank you."

He nods his head and says, "mmhm"

"Are we actually going to be doing homework?" I ask him curiously.

"I don't know, probably not." Calum laughs. "I'll do it later tonight after you leave, most likely."

"Alright," I pause, thinking for a moment. "What do you want to do? Watch a movie or something like that?"

"Sure. Is there anything in particular that you want to watch?"

"I don't think so, whatever you want to watch is fine with me. Do you like popcorn?"

"Of course I do! What kind of a question is that, Lillie? Who doesn't like popcorn?!"

"I don't know, Calum! I'm sure there are some people in the world that don't like it!" I laugh at him for acting so crazy over popcorn. "Do you have any here that we could make for the movie?"

"Yeah, I think so. Follow me."

"Follow you? We're already in the kitchen,"

"Oh, yeah, I forgot for a second there."

"It's alright," I laugh.

Calum opens one of the bottom cabinets on the kitchen island and pulls out a bag of popcorn. He takes the plastic wrap off of it, places it in the microwave for two minutes, and once it's finished popping, he pours it into a small bowl and adds some more melted butter and salt to it.

"Jeez Calum, that's so much butter."

"One can simply never have too much butter, Lillie."

"Actually, I'm sure you can — but like, whatever, Calum."

"So, have you thought of any movies yet?"

"Nope, not really. Have you?"

"Seriously?" Calum laughs, "Okay, well. I haven't watched Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again yet. Have you?"

"You're into musicals?" I fake gasp. "Really?"

"I don't hate them, they're actually pretty good sometimes." Calum shrugs his shoulders, laughing.

"Yeah, I agree with you — but no, I haven't gotten the chance to see it yet."

"Want to see if it's online anywhere?"

"Yeah, sure!"

Word Count: 445

A/N: This is short compared to the other chapters... but I'm trying to make them seem more interesting.