Chapter Six

Chapter Six The First of Many

I wake up to my mother banging on my bedroom door, yelling "Lillie! For the last time — Get up! Why do you never wake up on time?!"

I roll over in my bed and let out a loud groan. Running my hands through my hair, I sit up in my bed, scooting up so that my back is pressed against the headboard.

I reach for my phone on my nightstand, looking at the time, it's only 6:27am. I still have plenty of time to get ready, as it usually only takes me 25 minutes max. My mom just loves to over exaggerate things, as most mother's do.

I swing my legs over to the side of my bed, finally deciding to get up and start my day. I quickly go to my closet, picking out a simple outfit for the day — black skinny jeans, a white floral top, and my custom made adidas — yes, I'm that "extra" or "basic", whatever you want to call it.

+

( this is what shirt she's wearing for the day, in case you were wondering

( this is what shirt she's wearing for the day, in case you were wondering. do y'all want more visuals in future chapters, or no ? )

+

I go to the bathroom to brush teeth and then my hair, gathering it all in my hands to pull it into a high pony tail, while also pulling out a few baby hairs to frame my face, so I don't look bald. That's not a very cute look, on me at least.

I also decide to apply some light makeup — mascara, a tinted cherry lip balm, highlighter, and a peach colored blush across my cheeks and also just a little tiny bit on my nose. It looks so cute when I see other girls doing it, it reminds me of anime characters when they wear it on their noses, so I wanted to give it a try for myself.

I then walk back into my bedroom, applying my deodorant and body spray. Finally content with how I look, I make sure my backpack has all of my essentials packed, and finally head down stairs.

My mom had made French toast, bacon, and eggs for this morning's breakfast — so I pick up one of the plates from the beautifully arranged table, and start to dig in.

After I'm finished eating my breakfast, I walk into the family room — or living room, as some of you may call it — to thank my mom for breakfast, and to give both my mom and dad a hug before heading out the door and on my way next door, to Calum's house.

I type a simple and short text Calum to let him know I'm outside of his house, ready to walk to school with him.

Me: I'm outside. you ready?