Chapter Three

Chapter Three Homework

After school was finally over, the whole group meets up again in front of the school. Ashton walks over towards Gabby and I to start some conversation between everyone. "Hey, how was your day?"

"We literally have three classes together, I would think maybe you knew," Gabby laughs. "but it was good. How was yours?"

Ashton starts to laugh along with Gabby. "You're right. Mine was pretty good, too."

"Alright, so...let's go to McDonalds, shall we?" Luke asks.

We all nod our heads 'yes' and follow behind him to Ashton's car. We all five crowd into the small car and make our way to McDonalds. Gabby takes the passengers seat next to Ashton, leaving me in between Calum and Luke in the back seat.

Calum suggests turning on the radio, or plugging someone's phone into the aux cord, to help drown out some of the silence.

Gabby switches the radio on, and asks for someone's phone. Luke hands his to her, and she shuffles through his playlists. The first song it lands on is "Drugs & Candy" by All Time Low.

"I can't wait to eat. I'm starving." Luke groans.

"Me too! School lunches suck most days." Ashton agrees.

"It's better than nothing though, right?" I ask.

"Yeah, it is — but they should at least try to make it somewhat enjoyable." Luke laughs.

"What time do you need to be home, Cal?" Gabby curiously asks.

"I don't have a curfew," Calum laughs, giving Gabby a weird look. "What are you talking about?"

"You said earlier that you needed to be home so you could study, or whatever."

"Oh yeah, but it's fine. Lillie and I can walk home together after we're finished eating. That is, if she wants —"

I cut Calum off mid-sentence, "Yeah, that's fine with me." I smile at him.

"Okay, cool." Gabby laughs. "Luke, what about you?"

"I'm going to eat everything on the entire menu and then you guys can drive me home. My house is too far away from here."

"No it isn't!" Ashton laughs at Luke's exaggeration.

"Whatever. I just don't want to walk." Luke laughs.

Once we reach the McDonalds parking lot, we all get out of the car and make our way inside. I politely hold the door open for the others, and then make my way inside.

We walk up to the counter, waiting for our orders to be taken. After we're all finished ordering and paying, we patiently wait for our food to be done. While waiting, Gabby and Ashton find us all a booth to set at, Luke fills the drinking cups up for us, and Calum and I are at the end of the register waiting for our numbers to be called.

"Order numbers 257, 258, 259, and 260 are now being served!"

Calum grabs two trays, and I grab the other two. We walk over to our table and help everyone sort out their food. Once it's all sorted, we all start eating.

+

After we're all finished eating, we throw our trash away and place the trays on top of the trash can.

Calum and I quickly grab our backpacks out of Ashton's back seat, and say our goodbyes, starting to make our way home.

"How was your day?" Calum asks.

"It was good, ya know — for a school day at least, how was yours?"

"Same here, but I have quite a bit of homework, which sucks asshole."

"Oh yeah, I understand. Mr. Clifford assigns way too much homework. First he tells us to start picking out ideas for our senior project, and then he gives us a shit-ton of book work on top of that. It's crazy ridiculous if you ask me." I let out a frustrated sigh.

"We are seniors though, and senior projects can be a lot of work, or so I've been told."

"He makes it so hard to finish everything at one time by assigning too many things at once, though!"

"I agree." Calum laughs, "I've noticed that you get very heated when talking about homework."

"It pisses me off," I start to laugh too. "I hate homework." I groan.

"Me too," Calum agrees. "Do you want to come over to do some homework together?"

"We're neighbors, Calum. Of course I will."

"Okay." Calum smiles.

Word Count: 723