Six |

Emilia Hunt

"I think that we need to discredit Baker, if we can find that he's given false diagnosis' to other patients in order to benefit someone then we can use that against him" I offered, looking around the group to see who else would roll their eyes at me.

Politics in the office was a huge thing and because I was the person who took Gwen's spot, I didn't have very many allies in the office.
James smiled at me and though I knew it was fake, it felt good that the ringleader of the associates would side with me.

"Emilia's right. I'll get Karl to do some digging but I guess that concludes our meeting here" I quickly stood up and walked out, knowing that they would all be watching me from the meeting room and there were other matters to attend to but I needed to be somewhere else.

My Uber driving waited patiently, looking like he was ready to leave until he saw me running to his car.

"Next time I'm charging you for the wait" he closed the door behind me before hopping in himself and driving.

"Can we make one quick stop?" He looked at me through the rear view mirror and gave in, following my directions to somewhere else.

By the time I had arrived, the play had started - Ginny had scored the lead role and Tony played a convincing Tree in the background.
Ollie was tutoring, Joel had work and Kailie was taking College Prep classes so I was alone and Michael was nowhere to be seen.

Another hour of them casting spells and creating havoc on stage, Tony walked towards me and jumped up at me.

"You made it" I lifted him up and waited for Ginny to come out, she just like many A list celebrities looked extremely tired until she saw me holding her bouquet up.

"Emmy, you came!" She shouted, earning herself another audience offstage.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world, you were amazing up there" she winked at me looking for a place to sign on my arm.

"Autographs anyone?" Tony stuck his tongue out while I dramatically offered a notepad and pretended to be excited over it, she just laughed and smelt the flowers.

"I'm starved, can we get something to eat?"

"Yeah, where were you thinking?" I asked, hoping she'd say burgers.

"Luigi's" she joked, but I nodded and took her wish down into my head and walked out with her.

"We shall go to Luigi's then" I booked an Uber and saw that we'd be waiting another four minutes.

"But Luigi's is expensive" she sighed.

"Then I guess it's a one-time treat" she clapped, while Tony shrugged.

"What was your favourite part?" She asked, buttoning her cloak up.

"When tony punched Tree number three because he fell asleep on him"

"Yeah!" Tony exclaimed, poking his tongue out once more at his sister.

"That's not fair, I practiced for weeks so you could tell me that you liked my singing" she frowned.

"Oh I loved your singing, but you can't get too many compliments on your perfect performance or it'll all go to your pretty little head. Besides this is probably Tony's last play, I don't think Ms Grunge liked the extra lines he added" I laughed.

"I'm hungry, I was telling people that trees get hungry too" Ginny shook her head and turned around to admire her flowers.

"Thanks Emmy, you didn't have to come because I know you're busy with work" I shrugged it off.